Feckin' Weather

We’ve just had a massive storm pass over us. Over an inch of rain (we have a rain gauge) in 10 minutes. Neighbour’s tree down and car alarms going off.
Totally stopped now mind, as if it never happened.

2 Likes

Wow ! Not too much grief I hope.

I’ve got the real time lightning map up https://www.lightningmaps.org,. I can see there’s been stuff going on west of Oxford. There’s also the odd strike over in Terry’s direction.

VB

We have rolling thunder along the face of the Chilterns. Lots of rain but not many flashes.

Schumann wave map.

1 Like

Yup. This what powers the Schumanns (the real big ones). It might be great, if only you could hear your hifi over the feckin’ weather. And just as long as the power spikes on the local grid don’t fry anything important.

VB

The Schumanns were very powerful in Florida.

We’ve been to the caravan in the Lake District for a week. Beautiful weather - no rain, blue skies, 22 to 25 degrees every day. Back to Shropshire and cloudy and close but no rain.

Feeling like a storm is brewing.

Leeds on Friday helping my son move in to his FIRST owned house so expecting storms.

Whatever, proud day.

9 Likes

Big step for him Mick. Congrats !

Good news Mick !

It’s absolutely throwing it down here now.

VB

Warmest day of the year here, car said 20C which is very rarely recorded here. Still gorgeous outside with the late sun still keeping it warm.

Round 2 now, I’d estimate the storm is 4 or 5 miles away, good delay between the flashs and bangs. Absolute shit load of rain falling on already saturated ground, I’m sure there’ll be flooding in lower areas.

wish it would here - it is so sticky I removed my pants

kenw

wow mick , thats exciting , hope all goes well with move

Thx. It’s been quite a year for him. From having to move back home cos he was skint, he finished his Phd in Computational Physics, got a job with the NHS analysing data, got engaged, his new fiance qualified as a midwife and now they’ve got a house of their own.

Back on topic, the sun is shining brightly at the moment for them both, and we’re basking in it too :grinning:

10 Likes

With a PhD in Computational Physics and a first position in Data Science he will be made in the shade Mick.

If he gets himself some decent software (Python, R etc) and Machine Learning (TensorFlow etc) skills, which he undoubtedly will, then he will be set for a VERY lucrative future.

Looks like Didcot Parkway was a paddling pool again

VB

yes saw that on news , didcot seems to be on TV a lot these days , there was a whole focus on the paddington series about the relocation of signalling to didcot . very interesting and mammoth project

Two weeks of this, not bad at all Gromit

8 Likes

I think the tree right of centre needs watering. Or something.

VB

2 Likes