Diet and Fitness

I recognise that pose. Is it Lebowski?

1 Like

Tried walking to work today- the hope being that it’s workable as a day off the bike whilst providing some easy aerobic exercise. Did the 5 miles in a touch over an hour (about the same time as taking the bus, by the time you’ve added up the time walking to the stop, waiting for the bus and then walking to work at the other end), averaged just over 4.5mph and average heart rate was 126bpm with 140 max on hills, so perfect (60-80% MHR is 118-157 for me)

2 Likes

Yes :slight_smile:

Really could not be fucked but forced myself to do 10 push ups 50 secs apart

1 Like

Nice one.

40 secs next you think? If I drop 10 secs per session I would be doing 10 continuously by week starting 23rd Jan…is that realistic?

I’m going to do a 2 hour endurance session on the turbo tomorrow, 40 mins at 115-125bpm, 30 mins at 125-135, 20 at 135-145, 10 at 145-155 with 5 mins easy cycling in between each set and steady 90-100 rpm cadence throughout.

Be guided by your own experience - if you think that you can then go for it - what’s the worst that can happen after all?

Fucking cold also stopping me training and making me grumpy :rage:

Could it be asthma ? If so I believe you can order up some ‘treatment’ for that.

VB

1 Like

Nope I can’t cheat using asthma or allergies. ADHD might be a possibility.

Did the 2 hour endurance session (harder than last time I did it I think) then did my 10 pushups 40 secs apart (stretching in between reps)

Nice one, keep it up.

What are you stretching between reps btw? And why?

Not to do with pushups, was using the time between reps to stretch hip flexors and quads after the cycling

Ah yes that’s a good idea. I always think rest shouldn’t mean doing nothing, so no sitting and bonus points for mobilising or core exercise.

Right. Just tried on my two suits and I have a choice…either lose a bit of weight or put on a lot…

Better choices than mine! :confounded:

Elasticated waist bands are the answer,
Love my crimplene suit.

3 Likes

You’ll know…to what extent is it possible to take in suit trousers (and jacket?)? Is it worth it?

Without seeing it, it is difficult to say. To make garments smaller perfectly they have to be taken in all over and this isn’t possible on finished, off the peg garments. I think a jacket can probably be taken in about 4cm total ( by someone who knows what they are doing) before other difficulties become a factor. Trousers maybe a bit more.