Diet and Fitness

I’ll search and post links when I can find them out for you.

What time do you go to bed if you’re training at 11pm? I’m impressed if you can get to sleep within an hour of working out.

So here is week 2 of the program.

Tonight chest and back -

All exercises 60s strict between each set.

• Incline Dumbell Bench Press - 10 sets, 5 of 10 reps, 5 of 7 reps

• Barbell row - 10 sets of 10 reps

• Bench DB pullover 3 sets of 10 reps

• Lat pulldowns 3 sets of 10 reps

Need to eat, need to sleep.

1 Like

Probably 2am. I’m rarely asleep before 12, in fact can’t remember the last time. Like I said, I need to change my life man.

When do you have to get up in the morning??

8 normally.

Some useful resources for dealing with shoulder pains and general tightness.

Thanks. I’ll have to make an effort to get back into training but I’ll plan to incorporate some of this at the same time. I’ll go through it later when back home.

My return to super human status is starting at a slow pace…I’m very out of shape…

I need to take up some sort of sport next summer.

A slow pace is better than over enthusiasm leading to injury/ excessive soreness and then giving up.

Too slow however can descend into = doing fuck all.

I’m with you all the way on this!

Why wait till summer? If you’re motivated now then go for it. Off season is great for getting going and using summer as added incentive.

Need to decide what is the best sport for my back.
Doc told me swimming and cycling are the only things i should do.
Hate swimming so will probably be cycling.

Shame as i used to do a lot of sport as a kid.

Do you mind me asking if it’s a back injury or severe condition?

The last few vertebrae have crumbled quite badly,and sciatica on the right hand side.
Have slept on a sofa the last 15 or so years so i can stay in the fetal position,as if i lay on my front or back i’m usually in real trouble for the day.

My back first went when i was 16 at work lifting to much weight.

Bugger. I can see why swimming would work - low impact and doesn’t stress the joints nor spine. Cycling strikes me as odd given the typical riding position.

I would say yoga as I know this is great for all round health and fitness and particularly good at relieving sciatica. However with your spinal issue I would check with your doctor first and seek out tuition from someone who has coached people living with difficult back and spine problems.

1 Like

Dreaded legs day, which means 100 squats over 10 sets :astonished:

Anyway did those, plus 3 sets of 10 deadlifts and some weighted ab crunches.

Weighed yesterday 81.6kg at 19.5% bf. A far cry from where I want to be but bf has dropped 3.5% whilst putting on a kilo in the last 2 weeks. Next stop is to push for 15%.

Pain train stopped by this morning to drop off a massive delivery of leg DOMS :scream:

Wouldn’t it have been wiser to work your way towards that level of intensity rather than go there directly? Let the muscles acclimatise to the increasing workload. It’s that kind of over exertion & resulting pain that stops many people taking up regular exercise as the initial shock is too much to bear.

earlier this year when I started my regular morning rowing sessions I was walking around for a week or two with legs that were ‘woken up’ but as I got used to it, that has entirely gone. I feel no after effects from the morning sessions now (other than being energised) despite doing more and at a higher rate than I started with.