Football

Mourinho treated him like dirt at Chelsea so I wouldn’t be surprised if he passes up the opportunity to “link up” again.

Nothing confirmed according to the people at Everton. I expect him to go go and £75m isn’t a bad price. If United want to include Rooney in the deal it’ll need to be closer to £90million though.

3 Likes

Chelsea matched United’s bid for Lukaku but not the agents fee of £12m as has been reported.

I’m a little surprised they were so desperate to get him* Conte doesn’t seem best pleased with their efforts this summer either. I wonder if they’ll now go for Morata or Belotti & whether either of those will enjoy the rough & tumble of the PL. I think Llorente would be a shrewd signing for someone at the moment too.

• obviously Chelsea didn’t have the carrot that is Wayne Rooney to dangle either :smiley:

Obviously I was taking the piss in that comment, but it is mad that I was bob-on. It seems that the deal is worth £100m :money_mouth_face: with £75m down, £15m in add-ons and Rooney for free (but valued at £10m). Hopefully Rooney will have negotiated hard with United and will pick up a golden handshake as he is not worth anything like the money he is currently paid. Hopefully we’ll go after Sigurdsson and an other center-forward now.

The thing is Guy we have the same problem this summer as Jose had before his departure. Conte is not getting the players he wants because Emenalo thinks they are too expensive, or he prefers someone else. Jose got 2 defenders worth 2 bob and none of the players he asked for, so no wonder he was pissed off at the start of the season. There is a real danger Conte could jack it in as well.

vegetable correction :+1:

4 Likes

Is the correct answer. I’m not happy about Rooney returning. When Everton are good they play a fast counter-attacking game with lots of pace. None of this is going to be helped by Wayne lard-arsing it around in the middle of the pitch.

Should fit right in at Scumsville United.

Slippy G LFC legend and glasser of DJs

I wonder if they were serving prawn sandwiches at the LA party.

At last. Chelsea sign Rudiger. :grinning:

Everton made a bid for Sigurdsson of £32m. That would be great business at that price. (In the current climate)

I’m pleased with this bid, although I think it may be the end for Barkely at Everton if it goes through. What we really need is a center-forward though. I wonder who they are thinking of and hope there was a Plan B after the cheheque for Lukaku clears. When you think that Bolasie should be back before Xmas and hopefully Coleman sometime in 2018 there is the chance of a decent season to look forward to.

Aren’t they after Giroud?

Probably means the end for Barkely, though any decent teamt who is seriously thinking of buying him (Spurs for example) would surely be better off just gazumping you on Sigurdsson.

Save the £32m and promote Fraser Hornby to the first team :+1:

2 Likes

Which makes me disbelieve the stories about Barkley to Spurs as Sigurdsson couldn’t get a place in their midfield and I can’t see Barkely doing so either.

There are shedloads of decent youngsters at Everton, but it is a lot to ask of Hornby. It would be nice to see him get a chance,. Lookman, Davies and Calvert-Lewin are already there in terms of regular appearances and in Davies case being pretty much a first choice player. Then there are those like Browning and Holgate who are on loan for the season, not to mention the others in the U23 side who are there or thereabouts.

I would prefer to see investment in a striker though as we are very light-on up front (insert yer own Fat Wayne gag here).

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19961562_1934142146854909_4303636667131106636_n.jpg?oh=7318237345cce5d350d37810951b9838&oe=5A11D1AB

1 Like

It’s great to see the youngsters given a chance. We had Calvert-Lewin for a few months and looked a good prospect but not outstanding. There are loads of good young players in the lower leagues who could do well in the top flight if only given a chance.

Fraser’s older brother Lewis played centre mid for us aged about 17 and looked like he would go all the way to the top. He then suffered a back injury and his career was finished. There was a lot of talk at the club about his younger brother Fraser being the better prospect and I’d love to see him do well.

Good luck to Everton this season, exciting times.

Nice piece on Rooney here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40544561

1 Like