Football

Bitter! Chelsea totally out manoevered!
With that deal Jose left both former clubs Chelsea & Real frustrated. Real thought they had unloaded Morata whose value is now diminished. Chelsea assumed Lukaku would come back but he didn’t. Nice work Jose :smiley:

2 Likes

I love the way Real have been trying to offload James Rodriguez for two years and finally he goes out on loan for two years for £10m in fees and a possible buyout of £31M if he works out. So the £70M you were asking for him was sensible then :rofl:

Morata is a good player, but not a £70M player, more like the £30m RM paid for him. They only bought him back to sell on at a profit.

The Chavs’ are in a pickle now, everybody knows they need a top striker and will make them pay waaaay over the odds. Perhaps they should look at Sturridge? :joy: That text to Costa looking a bit expensive now, basic management is that you keep quiet until you get a bid in and accept it, very, very poor from Conte. Perhaps they will use one of the army of U23’s they have?

Not sure what Conte did re Costa but I doubt that Mourinho, Conte or any other PL managers are actually directly involved with buying (or selling) these days. They’ll identify who they want (& no longer want) and leave it to the likes of Woodward to do what they can to buy or get rid.

Getting Rooney off the books was good business particularly if it helped seal the Lukaku deal. Still time for him to get some fitness back & do a job for Everton as well.

Did Everton pay for Rooney, or was he part of the Lukaku fee?

I doubt we’ll ever find out. There’ll be a hefty fee to Mino Raiola in there too somewhere.

Nice work if you can get it.

I believe it was a free transfer and a ‘separate deal’. There are suggestions that United are subsidising his wages too as it is very unlikely that Everton would pay £250K p/w for a squad player. There is a school of thought that Rooney was notionally worth £10m which was deducted from the Lukaku deal though. Hence £75m for Lukaku +£15m in add-ons and Rooney = £100m. Even putting Rooney to one side that is a decent return on the £32m invested in Lukaku.

Sigurdsson has withdrawn from Swansea’s pre-season tour and is expected to sign for Everton shortly. There is a dispute over fees. I wonder if Ashley Williams might be on his way back to Swansea as part of the deal…

1 Like

United supposidly paid up 50% of Rooney’s contract left, and Everton are paying him 50% of what he was earning.

Effectively yes, but I believe it happens across two years for accounting reasons…:tired_face::sleeping:

The agent was quoted as getting £12m for his hard work.

That is quoted as being over the life of the contract. Still too much.

What does a football agent even do? Why are they needed?

Shoelaces can be pretty tricky :smile:

To ensure that 99.9% of the money from TV deals ends up being wasted on players fees and wages. More money for the same shit = result.

What is it with City these days? Do they just deal in multiples of £50m?

Sterling
Stones
Walker

£150m :thinking:

Looks like Bakayoko is going to Chelsea. £40m. Medical tomorrow.

1 Like

Can’t even land a Norwich midfielder, so the word goes.

Still looks like a very Championship side at the mo’.

Seems like whoever has hold of the purse strings is not understanding the way the market’s gone.

If you think that one is good, you should see the winner…

Celtic player ties scarf to Linfield goalpost after the game. Could you see that happening at Anfield after a Man. U game. :flushed:

1 Like