Football

Fxt

Thatā€™s a cock on a ball

On a basketball, no less.

Actually, what sort of bird is it? I cannae be arsed with teh Googles

A cockerel

A cock cockerel at that

Iā€™m surprised to see that Coutinho isnā€™t being named for & played in tomorrowā€™s CL play-off match as that would have deterred Barcelona once & for all. Liverpool really should sell him & buy some defenders.

I am surprised to see it drag on for so longā€¦

He still has a back injury. And we should definitely buy some defenders. And a defensive midfielder.

Iā€™m still baffled as to why Chelsea let Matic re-join Mourinho. He was partly what allowed Kante to have such a good season last year. I kept reading that he was shot & gave the ball away too much but he didnā€™t seem that way on Sunday & showed some very skillful touches as well. Bargain at the price.

1 Like

Definitely a good signing that will give Pogba more freedom. Way more dynamic than Carrick ever was.

Decent price given the current climate too.

Maybe they thought he was jaded but still, theyā€™d just won the league & theyā€™ll need a bigger squad this season. Their replacement, Bakayoko must be some player!

Canā€™t believe there isnā€™t more of a scramble for Costa either.

Does seem somewhat disruptive and outside of the top 6 Iā€™m not sure who, in England, could afford his wages.

That said, with the TV money that has been injected into the PL Iā€™m surprised that Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and quite a few other clubs arenā€™t actually spending a bit more.

The club and pundits were bigging up our window and itā€™s been a disaster from the VVD nonsense to the stupid pursuit of Keita who most right thinking fans worked out early on wasnā€™t coming.

I like the Salah and Solanke (from what I have seen) signings, but weā€™ve missed our main targets by a mile.

We have a young LB from Hull who seems like another one ā€œfor the futureā€ and absolutely nothing for DM and CB.

1 Like

Most clubs seemed to have missed their targets, player strops are all the rage. Iā€™d like to think club power will prevail ā€¦I fear not.

Or is it nobody wants to come to a competitive league and miss out on champions league modelling contracts?

1 Like

There have been a few players moving that Iā€™d have expected to go to the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs. Harry McGuire, Michael Keane & Iheanacho would all have been shrewd buys and at not crazy prices. Iā€™m also surprised no other English club has been in seriously for Mahrez. Iā€™d love to see him at Utd.

Hats off too to Huddersfield who looked pretty well organised last season and appear to have carried that on. I hope they can avoid the drop. I suspect Brighton may struggle.

Iā€™m not, Klippty is being an arse.

I guess the ā€œI only want to go to Athleticoā€ bit frightened people off, well that and his wages.

And once again, this is nothing to do with the manager.

The parallels with the Suarez situation are obvious, including the timing, just two weeks before the end of the window.

If the manager came out and said sell him and give me two players it would have been better three weeks ago. He will have a bad back at least until the end of the transfer window.