Football

Looks like Chelsea are going to piss it this season. Players like Fabregas to come off the bench. Happy days. Unless Costa and Hazard get injured it looks like they’ll be making serene progress to the title.

Both Costa and Kante out for the Bournemouth game on Boxing Day.

I’m sure that wasn’t deliberate.

Enjoying United Vs Baggies so far. Go Ibra.

I agree with you Mark especially after only 20 mins. (Costa).

Wayne Rooney showed last night why he is just trading on the brand. His passing (with few exceptions) was awful, his positioning is still good, his decision making is now flawed due to his lack of pace, his pace to get past the defender has gone, as shown by the other wing where Lingard was electric. It’s a pity Martial’s form is so poor and he looks totally disinterested as he should be mugging defenders. I can see us looking for a left sided player to replace Rooney. Jose doesn’t seem to want to play Young, and Young is not getting any younger at 31…

This must be Rooney’s last season with us, China calls.

So, we need next summer;

1 right back, we can’t keep on playing Valencia and I am not convinced with Darmian. We have needed a great right back for about 5 seasons.
1 Centre half, as I can see us selling at least one.
If Rooney leaves, then another striker
Left sided midfield player if Martial doesn’t pull his socks up.

Why would you insist on playing a centre-forward on the left side of midfield? He and Rashford need to play more, and in their best positions. I would have thought replacements for Carrick and Ibrahimovic should also feature on the list as they (and to an extent Herrera) are carrying the team at present…

I feel sorry for Rooney but I hope he beats Charlton’s record. He doesn’t affect games they way he used to and he has slowed down dramatically. Will China pay him big bucks?

Maybe fat biffa Rooney can get himself a big role promoting Ginsters pasties?

1 Like

I’m always surprised how the England football team is to out of form players.
Rooney as others before him will get picked no matter how shit they are playing.

England cricket and rugby seem more than happy to drop players who don’t perform.

Would Rooney make the top 10 Prem greats?

If fact the top 10 prem greats may need it’s own thread.

City remind me of utd last year,extremely slow build up.

Ahhh, well that’s fourth sewn up, the usual pre-Xmas capitulation effectively puts us out of the title race…

We need a massive change in motivation and tactics… Wenger out! :rage:

LOL, if Rooney goes to China I’ll touch Bob’s 'aul one. Where do you dream this stuff up?

Agree, the portion sizes are much bigger in the US.

Any hope of persuading Sanchez to stay because of trophies has gone once more… Now we will need to offer him a squillion quid an hour to stay…

Which of course they won’t pay… Unfortunately the club’s ambitions are purely financial for those of the stakeholders… imo…

I can see Sanchez along side Costa and Hazard. That would be nice.

Mané, nice one. Was not expecting that.

Dsshite game , good result , Sturridge the difference