Football

I hope it isn’t mark

I don’t think we quoted them any figure at all, and the article in the Indy backs it up.

To be fair I don’t believe anything when it comes to football transfer writing

1 Like

Nonsense of course, when you read the article that Simon Hughes wrote. It’s face-saving from Barca.

When asked about the £183m asking price, Soler said Barcelona “don’t want to get caught up in such an inflated market” and “we won’t put the club at risk”.

Lololollll.

4 Likes

I read another article about the detail of the Barca bids, although I can’t find it now, nor comment on its veracity.

Basically they never went above £75m, paid over years and years, and with ludicrous add-on clauses such as him winning the Golden Boot etc.

I.e. bids designed only to destabilise.

Are they in any way related to the Barcelona that sold Neymar for >£200M? I presume not. :grinning:

I’m pleased to see both Barca and Real being somewhat snubbed in their advances this summer although Barca did have their pants taken down by Dortmund for Dembele.

I do also suspect that Zidane is keen to move away from the Galacticos approach to team building in favour of something more sustainable. (Not sure Jose is just yet!)

1 Like

Bale turns down transfer to Manchester United.

Again

1-1 against Georgia. We were absolute pants and Aidan McGeady missed an absolute sitter in the last seconds :confounded:. Winner take all against Serbia on Tuesday :worried:. A draw will suit them so I expect it to be duller than usual :anguished:.

We’ve just bought an Aussie who looks like a girl!

1 Like

:+1:

And Liverpool have stated that Barca are lying

Just over 16 years ago;

OK, so it’s OK for RM to sell their training ground to the local authority for six times what it’s worth and to spend money it doesn’t have, where as City can’t spend money they do have. It’s a strange world. The same sort of pro-RM tactics they took with Neymar and Mbappe transfers, 'cause it wasn’t to RM.

It was a pretty good team.

GK 1 David Seaman (Arsenal)
RB 2 Gary Neville (Manchester United)
LB 3 Ashley Cole (Arsenal)
CM 4 Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) Substituted off 78’
CB 5 Rio Ferdinand (Leeds United)
CB 6 Sol Campbell (Arsenal)
RM 7 David Beckham (Manchester United) ©
CM 8 Paul Scholes (Manchester United) Substituted off 83’
CF 9 Emile Heskey (Liverpool) YC 54’
CF 10 Michael Owen (Liverpool)
LM 11 Nicky Barmby (Liverpool)

Shame they couldn’t quite do the job at the 2002 WC.

I could have had 50 guesses yet I would never have placed Banrby in that lineup

Even playing Scrabble I wouldn’t have come up with Banrby :grin: