Football

Chelsea and Manchester United are chasing Emre Can. Is he any good?

Mischief making.

He’s an improving squad player who could be a starter.

Could be anyone peddling these rumours but I suspect it’s not the player or the clubs!

He’s better than the 40m man, IMHO

Yep, miles ahead at the moment.

Can carried the midfield for the last 8 games of last season and has started off like a train. Most likely destination is Juve. I will be sad to lose him if he goes but we messed him around over his contract.

1 Like

We’ve never had a full season off him though, and that’s been a disappointment

Really? He made 40 appearances in his first year, 49 after that and 40 last year.

Which one?

I know mark but of those games, a fair proportion he was below par,at least to the standard he is capable of…dont get me wrong I like him and he’s started strong I’m just not sure it will be the same conversation towards the end of the season…
I dont want him to go as I feel this could be his best season yet.

I agree with that. He joined when he was only 20 and it’s a position of great responsibility in the 1st team where your failings are magnified.

I used to rage at the number of times he would get caught on the ball, and he also had a problem with making forward runs and not being able to assess the situation and get back in position.

He seems to be well over that though. He also looks a yard quicker now.

And a yard quicker in his thinking, it will be a shame to have developed him and then not reap the reward

Les Reed quote, that, no?

Maybe the ox is his replacement.

So are we anticipating 90 minutes of banging our head against a wall one way traffic this evening? Slovakia were pretty defensive in the home leg. They are hardly going to be having a go are they?

Are we playing again?

It’s been a while since I have almost lost caring. It used to matter.

Remember those long lost days when it was actually enjoyable & exciting to watch an England game?
No. neither do I really.

2 Likes

Vaguely.

I was giddy as a kid when we played. I think the saturation of the game and power of the CL and PL has diluted it all.

Naby Keita.

Great start!

Get in!

You were saying?