Football

That was good business. Very good. I don’t think van Dyck was.

But then city paid a load of money for Mangala. That was bad business. Very bad business. He is a bit of a donkey.

I’m sure the incoming from Coutinho’s sale allowed them to break the bank for VVD. Barcelona could afford it having raked in some silly sum for Neymar from FC Sovereign Wealth Fund of Qatar. So it was the Qatari’s that effectively bankrolled the Van Dijk deal.

Looking at the spend table Liverpool is all very good business

7th in NET spend, bellow Everton and Crystal Palace, and having net spend of 24% of City and 27% of Utd, how does this in any way appear profligate?

From an athletic point of view, just looking at the way he moves, he’s just got terrible balance, and outside of running in a straight line he looks very ungainly and lacking control. Odd that he should make it so far in professional football with such basic motor skill defects?

He was well rated before turning up at City a lot of clubs fancied him.

Do you want him?

1 Like

That table shows figures for the last five years. I just mentioned £75M for bad is not good business imo.

In the past 5 years we have had

Chelsea winning 2 x PL 1 x League Cup, 1 x Europa League
Man Utd winning 1 x PL, 1 x FA Cup, 1 x Europa League, 1 x League Cup
City 1 x PL, 2 x League Cup
Arsenal winning 3 x FA Cup
Leicester winning 1 x PL
Swansea winning 1 x League Cup
Wigan 1 x FA Cup

I guess that the return on the investment has to factor in those achievements.

2 Likes

No. No and thrice No.

1 Like

And the extra money generated by those titles.

Finishing in the top 4 also has a value (probably greater in cash terms if not kudos) than winning the FA Cup or League Cup.

1 Like

That’s more or less what the knighted jock said about Henderson…

1 Like

He was right too. :smiley:

2 Likes

Terribly sad news that Tommy Lawrence has passed away today, one of my boyhood favourites. His acrobatic agility defied his physique, I never met him, but by all accounts he was a good and decent chap.
RIP Tommy also known affectionately as the ‘Flying Pig’ and thanks for the memories.

3 Likes

He was right about Hendo, but so very wrong about Gerrard.

He said much the same about Frank Lampard & didn’t think either of them were at the same level as Scholes or Keane.

Of course he didn’t. The whiskey-nosed auld cunt never had a good word to say about anyone who didn’t play for him, and half of those that did. Twat.

8 Likes

This ref’s only used it twice and already I don’t like VAR.

The game doesn’t need it. Ok, so ref’s make mistakes but it’s just part of the game. You whinge when it goes against you and laugh up your sleeve when it goes for you. Twas ever thus.

If it ain’t broke etc.

3 Likes

Amen to that.:pray:

1 Like

Mind you, it appears to have cut out most of the play acting, and the tackles definitely seem to be more restrained imo…