Football

RIP Cyrille Regis::frowning_face:

8 Likes

Sad news. I saw him play quite a lot in the late 70’s for West Brom & can recall him giving Utd’s defence a few torrid afternoons & evenings. I also went to a few Albion games when he, Cunningham & Batson were greeted with a hail of bananas from moronic away supporters & to their credit they ignored it & just played even better.

3 Likes

Ridiculous how under the radar Bobby Firmino is. At least he gets some credit here.

2 Likes

“Klopp’s high-craft power-chord football”

Me likey :heart_eyes:

It looked a great game to have been at. Some ruthless finishing (from both sides) as well as some comedy defending. I’ll bet a few of the other champions league teams will have taken note of what Liverpool did yesterday & I suspect City will be subjected to more of the same when the CL resumes.

Barca were identical in the only way to have a chance was to quickly press them. Easier said than done though

Barca’s players were a good deal more comfortable with the ball in tight spaces than the likes of Stones, Delph, Otamendi & Walker are so they found it easier to play out from the back even under a press. City did also miss having Jesus doing the harrying at the other end yesterday.

Very sad. I loved watching Regis play. Proper old school centre forward.

1 Like

Ederson is something else on the ball, I’ve never seen a keeper ping it around with such accuracy and confidence. But they were playing with fire because Liverpool’s press is the best in the business.

I wish they had shown in on MotD, but there something I have never seen in my life on City’s goal kicks. There were 4 Liverpool players in City’s final third, six City players and not a SINGLE player in the centre circle. It looked like some bizarre training ground exercise.

They did sort of show them spreading out & making the pitch big (like Barca used to)

Was great to see Sterling show us just how talented and influential he really is - hope Southgate took notice for the summer.

He wouldn’t have seen him. He was hiding in Robertson’s pocket.

1 Like

and I hope it stays that way. Fabulous hard working talent, too good to lose so lets keep him quiet and underrated. :pray:

1 Like

Hah, this is spookily good.

1 Like

Andy Carroll to Chelsea is the weirdest thing I have heard today.

2 Likes

Bit late to be writing this, but friends took me to see my first West Ham Match on Saturday and unbelievably, I got to see them win against Huddersfield.

I’m sure the next one I go to watch shall be dreadful, bring it on.

You have to wonder how he would fit in with their style of play

Presumably Chelsea have some unemployed physiotherapists at the moment.

3 Likes

Went down too easily imho

1 Like

Haha, it’s a good job that didn’t happen in top flight football!