Football

@Jim would be an upgrade from Mangala.

There was also mention of an Italian, but Evans would do. I think Stones and Otamendi get a bit panicky when pressed.

I think they’ll be seeing a deal more pressing from now on.

It has worked in the past against Gaurdiola teams. But not every team has the quality and fitness to do it well.
Sometimes his defenders just need to give it a massive hoof, and not play pretty football.

hoof

2 Likes

Henderson?

http://mundialmag.com/2017/10/17/o-fenomeno/

Fabulous.

3 Likes

To sustain that level of running the whole team needs total commitment.
Half the over paid journey men in the lower teams just wouldn’t give you that, and if it’s not everyone it’s a waste of time.
Then the keen ones say what the heck, when they see the others giving up, and the team stops pressing.

Also, you have to be excellent on the ball to make use of the chances you get when it works.

Not that easy, when it’s not on paper

1 Like

I think half the Arsenal team tried it, until they realised the other half couldn’t be arsed.

Isn’t the Mihki situation much the same as what happened with Angel Di Maria.

Clearly very talented but the work rate (which includes pressing and tracking back etc) and the sheer fitness and physicality needed in the Premier League is too much for him.

funnily enough I thought of Ronaldo when watching some of the Cyrille Regis footage yesterday.

One of the greats.

Hard to name a better finisher with either foot

Great article that. Thanks for posting the link. I’ll give site that a good workout from the waiting room tomorrow.

It’s a great site. Some of the articles are terrific.

I liked the author’s turn of phrase. ‘Fitter than a Gypsie’s whippet’ was a particular favourite. Also, the importance of having a big arse and being able to use it as part of the footballers skill set is under-recognised/discussed. [leaves open all sodomy related jokes/FTFYs]

If this is true and there is no bid, and therefore no money, I wonder if Rafa will do one. He is on an absolute hiding-to-nothing at Newcastle.

I really hope that has made pmac’s day

It doesn’t take much.

#ashleyisamackem

:grinning:

2 Likes

#FreeJonFlanagan.

1 Like

#Didyouspillmypint? #Areyoulookingatmybird?