Football

Exactly, he is weeks behind the rest of us calling him that.

I can only see one outcome from this signing. Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, Vladic and the other youngsters won’t get a game and will leave. We didn’t need new wide forwards so much as to not play Rooney, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin together, who are slow enough to make BFS look swift. We needed pace and a bit of craft in the midfield.

If he’s fit he’s decent, Olan. If.

1 Like

:persevere:

We have a great record with keeping our best players fit and on the pitch.

:lying_face:

Newcastle next. Bring it on.

Totally agree.

Neymar settling in well, I see. Scores 4, sets up 2 and gets booed off.

Well if he had allowed Cavani to take the penalty that he won thus beating PSG goal scoring record they would have cheered him instead.

I wonder how United feel now?

No need to wonder, they can just go think back to last summer when they re-signed Pogba.

De Bruyne? Salah? you know the feeling only too well. :smiley:

3 Likes

Still you may be getting Peter Crouch in. LOL.
WTF is going on at Chelsea?

Think they are starting with the tallest and working there way back.

There does seem to be a different financial model operating now whereby spending is limited to revenue from player sales. Should get in £150M when Hazard goes in the summer.

Manager and owner clearly not getting along so Roman keeping the purse strings tight until the summer.
Be interesting to see who they go for to replace Conte - Simeone looks favourite given they have already had Mourinho (twice) and Ancelloti.

Don’t think Klopp or Poch would be interested.

Carroll and Crouch are not good enough by a country mile. If the people in charge of transfers at Chelsea can’t see that then we are in big trouble.
Dzeko is another one along with fullback Emerson who are not top draw but decent reserves. Barkley scored twice in a runout the other night and might start at Brighton. Babayako, Drinkwater and Batty are average players that cost a fair chunk of money and it seems that we are tightening our belts as our stadium (permission now granted) will cost a Billion pounds.

1 Like

Conte: ‘I need to sign a big player’

Board: ‘No Problem’

Conte: ‘Thanks’

Post meeting board discussion: ‘Well, I can only think of Peter Crouch. He’s very big’ ‘What about Carroll’ ‘Aye, he’s big, put him on the list’

Pause

‘Is Duncan Ferguson still playing’

3 Likes

Someone has changed Dzeko’s wikipedia to show he is now at Chelsea. Can’t see that happening. But I generally know nowt.

Ibrahimović to Chelsea as well I hear…