Football

Ffs…we had eleven different players to last Sunday on the field tonight…

…but ten of them had the same names…:weary:

Stubborn defensive team nick one on the set piece.

It happens.

Move on.

I think two genuine wing back/full backs are needed. There was no width.

I’m surprised he didn’t pick Trent for that game. He’s a far more attacking threat than Gomez.

To make the space in the middle you have to stretch.

I saw some very conservative running on the flanks.

I know Robbo said he was TOLD to stop lobbing hopeful crosses in, and find a man more…

But sometimes you have to beat the man and get some chaos in the box.

It’s one game. Shit happens. Their goal made it hard work.

Lolz

That was very unreasonable of them

1 Like

Caretaker England boss Howard Wilkinson at a 1999 press conference, angry at suggestioins he lacked international experience:

“How many England caps have you lot got betweeen you?”

Voice from the back of the room: “43.”

Jimmy Armfield, World Cup winner and Five Live pundit.

8 Likes

Same old, same old.:weary:

Could tell it was going to be one of those nights after 5-10 minutes so I backed 0-0 (16/1) and 1-0 (33/1) so it wasn’t all bad.:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Seems the FA have decided to drag the England women down to the level of the England men

Kenedy loaned to Newcastle.

How’s your search for a target man coming along, Dave?

Wanted: Target man. Must be over 6ft 1in. Premier League experience necessary. Age/mobility not important. Short-term deal considered.

What a joke.

Mitrovic looks perfect for him!!

Looks like Dzeko and we are also getting Emerson Palmieri for Left Wingback cover.

I just saw that Séamus Coleman plays tonight for Everton’s U-23s against Portsmouth. I hope he gets back to where he was before his injury. This will be his first game in nearly 11 months.

I like the fact that Bristol City have scored as many goals against premier league teams this season as Swansea have. Not a bad effort considering they don’t actually play in the premier league.

2 Likes

They have done really well. Be nice to see them promoted.

Not at Villa Park they haven’t :smile:

Nice to see we’ve signed two players that I, and probably everyone else apart from their friends and family, have never heard of before…

Tomorrow’s chip paper says Brighton want Mitrovic. Are they completely nuts?

I completely respect that Bloom doesn’t want to break their budget, but surely they can do better than that!

Each place in the league worth approx 2m, surely there are quite a few decent strikers sitting on PL benches who are a better option than Mitrovic? Slimani, Afobe, Sakho, Sandro, Ings, Ulloa to name a few

Yes :joy: