Football

Stones. Wtf.

Both mistakes should have resulted in goals

Shocked they didnā€™t tbh. Load of shit.

Great free kick

VAR can get to fuck. Nobody had a clue if that was a goal for a good minute after.

Butland may be a decent keeper, but his distribution is abysmal.

No problem with both England yellow cards. I hope we see more yellows, for this.
Penalty was right, as well.

Our defence is shaky, despite 10 hours or so without conceding.

Italy are a pretty poor side. A better team will expose our defensive weaknesses. A great team will have a field day.

Experiential side.

Canā€™t read too much into that

Dier will be in the WC squad, but heā€™s just a utility player. Not good enough in central defence, not good enough in midfield.

I kept hearing Glenn Twaddle saying how much Stones had improved after his bad start. So fucking what? The game would have been over after ten minutes if that had been against Germany/Brazil/nameanyothergoodteam.

Decent first half,defended to deep 2nd

We are shit*and wonā€™t get out of the group. Better if we just donā€™t go to Russia at all.

*Ditto for the England cricket, rugby, athletics teamsā€¦

But we should have been 2-0 down after 10 minutes, no?

Thereā€™s quite a bit of merit in this. Theyā€™d accomplish more by pissing off the ruskies :+1:

and we could watch something better on telly instead of the England games = win/win.

Itā€™s not often I watch England footy games, as they are usually frustrating or dire or both.

Entertaining 30 minutes in the first half, then resorted to type and went out to not concede and did.

Stones proved why heā€™s not international class player, Vardy looks sharp and Rashford looked pissed off.

I thought England took 20 minutes to get going, played well for the next 40 & took control & then knocked off on the hour when the substitutions started. But I was happy enough with the period where they were actually taking it seriously.

Lingard looks like the player who has cemeted his place to me, Deli Alli may be on the bench for the WC.

I gather itā€™s a FIFA rule that each squad has to have 3 keepers. I guess Southgate will still take Hart although I wouldnā€™t.

Hart has been shite for at least two seasons and England have missed a major trick in not blooding other keepers over the last two years. My guess is that Butland will be first choice, due to greater experience at PL level and a few more caps.

I would leave Hart at home, FFS he canā€™t even get a start in a bottom 1/3 PL side.

1 Like

since he did the shampoo ads. Mind you, I always thought he was mediocre at best and never understood how he got in the England team

1 Like