Football

Im praying for a Ronaldo hat trick , which he then dedicates to Sir Alex.
( should shut the absolute fucking bellend of a Liverpool fan in work up for a bit. ) if it raises his blood pressure up a bit then even better.

1 Like

5 Likes

I don’t have a turntable.

I said ‘most’ not all.:thinking:

Pretty much exactly my point? He didn’t really move them forward did he - but yes he did do it all with a rare sense of civility.

He did better in the champs league than Pep has managed with City so far.

Yes but Pep had the misfortune to come up against the best side in Europe this year.:wink:

3 Likes

1 Like

Well he is so used to winning trophies at club level I guess anything else is unacceptable.:joy:

You’re being a bit harsh. It’s not like he can say what he thinks. “To be honest, we’re shitting it. The boys don’t think much of Southgate and some of the lads have a holiday booked for 30th June.”

1 Like

Fair cop. But I meant the reason I’m fat :wink:

2 Likes

As a rule of thumb I cringe whenever an England player says “we can win the world cup” but to be slightly fair him, he wasn’t getting all badge-kissy in that quote.

I’d prefer him, of course, to work on his Godawful first touch rather than gob off to the press, but these are the cards we’ve been dealt

I’ll never fully shake that sense of absolute impotence when destiny is at work. The feeling will cling to my feet forever, trying to pull me down…

There are always lessons to be found in the darkest moments. It’s a moral obligation to dig deep and find that little glimmer of hope or pearl of wisdom. You might hit upon an elegant phrase that stays with you and makes the journey that little bit less bitter. I’ve tried with Istanbul and haven’t managed to get beyond these words: for fuck’s sake.

-Andrea Pirlo

4 Likes

Arsenal’s new Home shirt. Discuss.

They can’t be too happy - you can barely see it on the official promo video.

That’s an interesting quote. I always regard that period at the end of the '99 final as such an instance. That game had pretty much gone, Utd had played poorly missing Keane & Scholes if I recall. It was as if destiny wan’t going to let Munich have that one. They’d made their substitutions. Matthaus was waving to the crowd. Some of the play & bizarre mistakes in those few minutes of extra time simply beggar belief even when watched again. Like an irresistible force driving the ball towards & into their goal. Very strange & brief passage of time.

I NEED to read his book. I’ve read short excerpts and it seems fantastic.

1 Like

Are the sleeves sponsored by Elastoplast?

1 Like

Villa have sold their Wembley play off final allocation of 38k tickets with strictly one ticket per fan - Fulham are struggling and offering their fans 5 tickets each!