Football

Clattenburg apologies for the Gooners first goal. :clown_face:

Goal!

Goal!

Feeling so sorry for Fat Sam.:laughing:

1 Like

Which Spurs player is he?

I mean Mr Allardyce.

Thought spurs were very lame,expected a much better performance from them.

Spurs rarely seem to perform well at Anfield or Old Trafford though they are fine against City, Chavski and Arsenal.

They are cleary overawed by going to a proper ‘big club’.:grinning:

1 Like

Spuds don’t travel well.

Yes Spurs are heading for their customary end of term meltdown, wonder if it’ll be better or worse than the Arses one?

Think utd and city will make the top 4,with arse,spurs and liverpool chasing 4th spot.

Barring a spate of injuries (Mane in particular) Liverpool should get 2nd - no cup or European football to worry about and a very easy run in. Just need to find a way of beating the minnows who park the bus and if we can play the same eleven as today game after game I’m sure we will steam roller most of them.

You must be gutted Paul, less money from the bookies :grinning:

1 Like

New Liverpool tactic, hoof the ball up the pitch from leftback and then run towards the goal with the one player with any pace in the side.

2 Likes

You are watching re-runs of Michael Owen and John-Arne Riise Bob. Change the channel

ftfy

You being positive about L’pool
 surely not

Have you taken a happy pill or something?

Whilst performances against the top six have not been an issue, it’s clear there was a different approach to the game yesterday. No doubt they’ve had a bollocking, but more than that there were some clear tactical changes made by Klopp to overcome the deficiencies in the squad.

It was a huge call to retain Migs in goal, and they fundamentally changed his approach to the game. No more noodling around with the ball between him and the back four. Every goal kick went long; zero chances taken. He looked relieved really. He was able to make routine aerial saves more confidently. He also made a decent 1-on-1 stop from Son, who should have squared it for an easy tap-in.

Secondly, I think Klopp has had a long talk with them about game management. It was noticeable in the second half that the team were a lot more deliberate about taking throw-ins and other set pieces, instead of running about like headless chickens for no reason. It got a lot more physical and scrappy, and again I think this was a deliberate tactic to keep Spurs unsettled.

It’s easy to point to ManĂ© as the difference, but the ManĂ©-Firmino-Coutinho front three allows Lallana to play in the middle three where he is far more dynamic and effective. His link play between the forward and ability cover the pitch tracking back is what makes this team work.

1 Like

Liverpool took their chances well. I couldn’t believe how bad Spurs were though. I still had them down as possible outsiders were Chelsea to slip up until yesterday. But they are way off where they’d need to be.

It’s going to be interesting to see which of the top six makes the eventual top 4. I’d guess that it’ll be Chelsea, City, Utd & Liverpool (not necessarily in that order) but if Liverpool don’t handle their ‘easy’ run in well then Arsenal will take one of those places. Utd might still give themselves too many hurdles to get over (still in 4 comps) although their squad depth may help cover some of that.

Spurs were really poor and showed how thin there squad is but Liverpool were excellent in the first half and could have scored more goals.
I think L’pool will be top 4 with Man. City. Spurs with there Euro games will fade, Man. Utd? Don’t bet against Jose.