Football

Only after looking at that pic of you again

7 Likes

If you havenā€™t met the people you are going to see, just send them the pic of me in my pants and they will understand.

7 Likes

Playing England in Moscow would be a wet dream for the Russians.

1 Like

I like Southgate - thereā€™s none of the ususal hyperbole or circus surrounding him or the team this time around and I think itā€™s paying off.

2 Likes

The camera man on crowd duties did an excellent job of capturing fit Swedish women. I have consoled them all in the mind garden. It was hot work. They are now all sporting the Ritchie ā€˜lookā€™

8 Likes

Itā€™s genuinely difficult to spot a munter. Bit weird really, like some spectacularly successful eugenics experiment.

4 Likes

Just reading the BBC app post-match pundits; anyone would think weā€™d bloody won the cup!

Iā€™d be delighted if we played well and got to the final, but itā€™s starting to smell of hubris

They only sent the dogs to England on the Viking ships

Iā€™ve yet to see the cameras focus on a fit English girl in the crowd. Funny thatā€¦

2 Likes

Loved the bloke dressed as Gareth Southgate in the crowd

1 Like

You only have to look at pictures of the English men in the crowd, no good looking girl would want to be around them!

1 Like

For reasons, I was in the Police post at Wimbledon tennis one year. There was a big bank of monitors and CCTV cameras all around the grounds.
Every camera was zoomed in on a pretty girl in the crowd.
Real cushy number for the Met, no hassle and plenty of perving!

3 Likes

2 interesting observations, one by Guy Mowbray about how Sweden really do play in the way England always used to & looked like dinosaurs. Also Klinsmann reminding us that Italy won in 2006 with 70% set piece goals. Thereā€™s plenty of different ways to do this and many other supposedly better teams are watching it on TV. England do have a team spirit for the first time since 1990.

5 Likes

Harry Kane will be hoping itā€™s Croatia - he loves playing against Lovren.

1 Like

I think Russia in the semi is the better choice. They are a limited team playing way above themselves spurred on by home advantage and that will falter at some point. Croatia are a very talented team playing below themselves and if they click they could be very dangerous.

Agreed, I suspect we could adopt a similar plan against Russia as was used today &do ok.
That said the host nation boost canā€™t be underestimated. Croatia could potentially be extremely difficult as they do have good enough players to unpick any defence. If theyā€™re on it.

These two. Playing for the right to meet England. Fucking hell! ,:smiley:

5 Likes

Sounds great

Iā€™ve been impressed by the Russian right back Fernandez in this tournament so far.

1 Like

Yes, even France '98 had a load of set piece goals.