Football

Yes but I seem to remember that when the new stadium was built the plan was always to keep the costs under control to pay for it, and Wenger bought into that from the outset. Long time ago I know but have I got this wrong?

Initially yes, but that’s been paid off a long while ago, and there’s a considerable war chest available for transfer spend…

Don’t forget that the main reason to build the stadium was to provide the finance and the venue for Arsenal to compete at the highest level in European football. So far I’ve not seen any evidence that this has happened yet…

However Kroenke and Wenger have gained vast riches at the expense of top flight football, imo… etc.

its not 1st April is it?

England might at least to get to a major final for once.:grinning:

3 Likes

Still lose in the quarters as usual.

Did you see the recent doc on Russian football hooligans - they are fit and organised. They’re not fatties who stick a leg out and run away, these guys have fightclubs and are fit buggers.

this is one gold medal the Russians should win without doping

3 Likes

Sadly I think there’ll be a lot of steroids involved. There is already an organised thing called TFC which can be seen on Youtube which seems to be thugs in groups representing different towns fighting each other.

That’s been going on for years. One of my very senior bosses, and his brother who is even more senior - regional director level, allegedly used to be part of the Man U crew, the fights are arranged via Facebook etc to take place on industrial estates or similar places that are pretty much deserted at the weekend. A bigger pair of dickheads would be hard to meet.

The London Mayor has approved the building of the new Stadium at Stamford Bridge.:grinning::heart_eyes::sunglasses:

Triples all round as they would say in Private Eye.

Haha, you’ve got to laugh…

Sanchez has a moan about the rest of the team’s commitment and work rate (true we always have a lower distance covered than our opposition in most games) and he gets sidelined for not being a team player!

Of course this backfires spectacularly, and Wenger then plays him, but it’s too late by then.

Apparently Xhaka and Coquelin only made one tackle each the whole game! Wtf is going on in the team, the whole lot need clearing out as they clearly can’t be bothered to play on the millions they earn!

The rot has set in. Very difficult and expensive to fix once the team aren’t playing for each other, themselves, the manager, the fans…

Not necessarily - might just need a new manager. Look at how the Leicester and Chelsea players have responded to a new manager.

Think the thing with Sanchez is that Arsenal are never going to agree to his contract demands (£250k a week?) so both the club and the player know he won’t be there next season so it doesn’t matter if they have a fall out.

He wants out and a big payday at a team that will actually win something.

So not Man Utd then.:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I do believe we have won something this year. Definitely not Liverfools. As you can’t afford him and he won’t go to you.

New manager = new players. New players = £xxxm’s.

http://imgur.com/3QA5vE5
Man in his 50s

Elegant articulation of a root problem. :+1:

1 Like