Football

Pearce was an excellent signing, Sukar not so much :flushed:

Yes Sukar didnā€™t do much for Arse either from what i remember.

Suprised the record is only 83,260 would have expected it to be more than that.

ftfy

I think there is a 84,569 gate at Maine Road in a City Cup game against Stoke City. That must have been when Stanly Mathews was playing.

Ibrahimovic banned for 3 games.

In the days before H&S I would have thought bigger crowds crammed in.

The Scottish records are nuts:

"The highest ever attendance for a UEFA competition match was in the 1969ā€“70 European Cup semi-final at Hampden Park - a record 136,505 people attended the match between Celtic and Leeds United.

The attendance of 149,415 for the Scotland vs. England international match of 1937 at Hampden Park is also a European record.

The attendance of 146,433 for the 1937 Scottish Cup Final between Celtic and Aberdeen at Hampden Park is a European record for a club match.

Attendance of 118,567 at Ibrox is a British record for a league match."

Must have been 'effin mental at the Hampden matches - scary big crowds. Iā€™ve talked to a few people who were at the Celtic- Leeds game and they said that was a bit scary.

1 Like

I went to a Old Firm game at Ibrox and we were in the so called neutral area and it was bloody scary. My mate Scott said "For fucks sake Dave cheer for no one!"
When Celtic scored the first goal 40000 Rangers supports behind the goal stood stock still, not a single move, creepy.

I have been at the Celtic and Rangers matches against Man United in the away supporters area at Old Trafford and itā€™s not nice. The guy next to me at the Rangers match unwound a massive racist flag that was wrapped around his body and they sang all the way through the match racist songs. After the match we had to wait 45 minutes for the united fans to clear and then we were ushered towards the railway station by police on horses and on foot with battons. I had to explain that I lived in Cheshire, so I didnā€™t want to go to Glasgow on the train, it took a while! The police were just going to load everybody into the train station.

The Celtic match was interesting, never seen so many weapons on people.

Yep, next level up there.

Question i thought iā€™d never have to ask,but how easy is it to 2 tickets for a Utd match?

I can get you a couple. I think it starts at about Ā£15 per ticket at Victoria Park (thank me later - I have contacts - I used to live in Hartlepool)

5 Likes

I know whatā€™s wrong at Arsenal - too many hipster beards.

Christ, thatā€™s a nailed-on penalty. Two officials stood 6 yards away.

I recall going to this one aged 15.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gallery/aston-villa-v-rangers-crowd-7899866

Iā€™d seen a few skirmishes at other games but nothing like this.

In the sixties the Wear/Tyne derbys were horrific. I went to all of the Roker Park matches and continued to go to the corresponding fixture at Sid James Park until 24th Feb 1979. We won 4-1 and my hero of the day, Gary Rowell, scored a hat trick. After the game, we were chased all of the way back to the railway stn. and when we got there the police couldnā€™t keep the apoplectic mags from gaining access to the platform. It was bedlam and I havenā€™t been to a derby at magland since.

Just in case any of the mags have erased this from their memory

:laughing:

Not bad half, should be 2 up reallyā€¦

Said that last time also then the second half was a disasterā€¦ lol

Arsenal are nailed on to win 3-0, or go 4-0 up before conceding one late on.
Glorious failure is their speciality.:grinning:

Haha, WTF?

What did he get a red for??