Football

Looks like Fat Sam is going to get his £1.5M for keeping Palace up.

That is cheap, I think Pulis got £4m
Then asked for it early, got paid out on the understanding that he was staying and left the next week.
Palace have taken him to court for the money and won their case but have yet to get a penny back from Pulis.
Simon Jordan and Pulis didn’t speak to each other at all at the most recent meeting between palace and WBA.

Glad to hear the Kev - I lived on South Norwood Hill and spent a lot of time in the Holmesdale (and a fair bit trying to get in to the White Horse Lane end!)

The rivalry came about because of Mullery and Venables. Plus the run of games in 1977 stoked things up resulting in the famous Chalis from the Palace ‘incident’. I went to a fair number of games around that time and the Brighton one was the one we all looked forward to.

This is as good an explanation as any I’ve read…

1 Like

And if it happens, he deserves every penny

In better times.

When the Pretty Boys ruled :grimacing:

Pique was a starter :open_mouth:

And who the hell was that in goal?

Forget that, what about John O’Shea as a central midfielder??? I didn’t realise Fergie had gone the full potato so early on in the Century.

O’Shea played as Fletcher was injured.

He was our back-up goalie.

He didn’t start many. We should never have sold him. To think we kept Evans and sold Pique.

With a front 5 of Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Giggs and Scholes, who needs defenders.

They were great to watch. :+1:

Tomasz Kuszczak is currently trying to keep Birmingham City in the Championship (along with Harry Redknapp!)

Come on Leicester! :hugs:

RM Bayern match brilliant again.

I’ve just switched over to it. The Leicester game is shit.

Interesting now, but Robben knew exactly what he was doing for the pen :slight_smile:

One of the absolute best at exploiting contact.

1 Like

Glad I switched to this match. Great stuff

1 Like