General election 8th June

Depends on how tight your budgets are?

Depends what you want your taxes spent on- public services or weapons and grammar schools in Tory constituencies?

2 Likes

Totally foolish to pin being rich on a salary number. Far too many variables. He has done himself no favours spouting this load of guff.

You seem to be talking an awful lot of non bollocks.
Has your account been hijacked? :grinning:

Or creating non-jobs…

Currently not needed because of record employment levels, however in the unlikely event of a new government… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you pay ‘value’ money for things then don’t be surprised when there’s horsemeat in your burgers. Or a 15-minute visit to look after all your granny’s needs for the day. You. Don’t. Get. What. You. Don’t. Pay. For.

VB

3 Likes

Sorry, I allowed myself to get a bit serious for a change. I have upped the dosage and promise that it won’t happen in future.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to add a cheery Feck off! :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

Christ!

Observe if you will the residents of Northern Dumbfuckistan - victims of propaganda, they are actually backing the horse that will kick them hardest.

4 Likes

I just can’t watch it.

1 Like

Listening on the radio to various people it would seem that everyone is contradicting themselves and they really don’t have a clue what they’ll do. This GE could be a complete fuck up. I’m predicting a landslide victory for the MRLP

Let’s club together and employ Robert Mercer to get Stronzetto elected

Does he have a manifesto? @Agrail

1 Like

Does he need one?

Not for me. All I need is to be hammered by a swing from his club-headed member.

I am certain his opus work will shake the pelvic floor of this flaccid society… If I can teach him to write or at the very least slur less.

Meanwhile the propaganda machine churns ever more behind him. Mr.MWS has been busy in the local high street encouraging people to poke themselves in the eye in a touching show of solidarity

6 Likes

No surprises really. All May has to do is take the majority of the Brexit voters onboard and she romps home secure in the knowledge that she will have control of her own Party. The result is a forgone conclusion. Corbyn has taken shelter on the Left and the Centre ground is a vacant clusterfuck.

The one thing I don’t know is how many seats Labour will lose, there is an argument that it wont be many as they have sufficient majorities in safe seats, which are the majority of the seats they were left with after the last routing in Scotland. I can see one or two northern mill towns going May’s way, maybe even Hull.

All that will be left to do is to replace Corbyn and the current voting system for that will favour another Left candidate lining the Tories up for yet another win in the following election.

The Tories could win this election with Jeremy Hunt as Leader, it’s truly depressing.

2 Likes

Interesting point on the ‘blind policy vote’…It rather misses the mark on 'People buy people and ‘Brand loyalty’ but the notion of media manipulation is clear.

1 Like

“Think the newspapers matter nearly as much as they once did ? Oh dear, you’ve been left behind in the last millennium …”

To be fair, they do matter for some people. But whether they’re a big influence on the swing voters, who are the ones who decide things, any longer is moot.

The ‘blind policy vote’ is an interesting idea but it entirely ignores 50% of reality. The 50% it sees is which policies people like. I would vote for all sorts of things - free university education, free social care, more public holidays, cheaper beer, reconciliation between the Arabs and the Israelis, the moon on a stick … But in the real world there is the other 50% - not just “Do I like these policies ?” but also “If I put this candidate in charge does he/she have a hope in hell of delivering them ?”. Suggesting that the reason I don’t vote for Corbyn, despite approving of motherhood and apple pie, is because of subliminal messages from Lord Rothermere puts the writer in David Icke territory I’m afraid.

VB

Same meat different gravy, Murdoch et al have huge influence within Social media and TV of course.
x2 O’level Joe of Smeggyclegthorpeunderlyme does not ken he is being ‘taught’ by hidden agendas or as recently exemplified by Brexit plain deception. His trust is misplaced and I think this is where the blind test is interesting in so far as many people do not understand the policies and agendas (Options) that are available… The ability to crystallize public opinion directly correlates with the ability to transmit information. As Gobels, Bernays and others rightly pointed out over half a century ago…Nothing has changed other than the medium.

1 Like