General election 8th June

Mainstream media is often criticised as being right-wing, however for many years the BBC was a left-leaning organisation. As far as I can see, most social media platforms are dominated by the left.

So perhaps there is balance in the imabalance.

As for Corbyn not getting a fair crack of the whip; come on, he’s shite.

May’s campaign slogan right there.

2 Likes

Perception is everything.

I don’t see Corbyn getting much support from Remainers. Many, myself included, feel his lack of action for the Remain campaign was a major factor in the result. He had a golden chance to impress and blew it.

Labour need to sort themselves out quickly after the election,

1 Like

Theresa May (theoretically in charge of immigration at the time) said even less on behalf of the Remain campaign despite supposedly supporting it. I think one of the problems with that campaign was that the most newsworthy element (as far as the media was concerned) was the Blue on Blue infighting between prominent Conservatives. Unfortunately every one else was sidelined.

The leader does a U turn, so why not Spreadsheet Phil

Not a first for him. Made a U turn on his own budget proposals for NI.

Ahh, forgot that.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Has Corbyn mentioned Brexit, or negotiating the best deal for the country yet?

You’ve got to hand it to Mrs May for staying on message. Labour are the party of high taxes and borrowing despite the Tory’s having just U-Turned over a tax rise and borrowed a teensy-bit (very technical term there).

I think that the correct technical term is a fuck-ton.

3 Likes

That is the kind of defeatist, remoaning, enemy-of-the-people guff that will get you into trouble with The Daily Mail.
:thinking:
Nice work!
:upside_down:

3 Likes

Shifty foreign metric fuck-tonne, or the good old imperial fuck-ton? There being 17 buttloads to the fuck-ton obvs.

1 Like

The imperial fuck-ton is measured in shed-loads ffs!

1 Like

I stand corrected. I must be thinking of the American fuck-ton (which, naturally, is smaller than the Imperial).

3 Likes