General election 8th June

I once amused myself somewhat when I had to explain the phrase “shed loads” to an American.

2 Likes

Latest polls put the Tories on 200 seat majority, with 12 seats in Scotland…

That would upset the SNP’s , lol…

More important poll was done on This Morning the other day, labour 69% tories 21

Jeremy Kyle?

Have no idea, someone posted it on fb earlier :slightly_smiling_face:

Must be right then… lol

Don’t think she will get anywhere near that

Yes probably a bit more !

I notice Jeremy Hunt and BoJo have disappeared off the face of the earth since the election was called and only Spreadsheet Phil has had opportunity to say anything, ending up with hoof in gob in record time.

I suspect that this will be much closer than these early polls suggest. The suggestion that the Tories might get more than 3-4 seats in Scotland is ridiculous.

Give it several weeks of tedium and lying and we’ll know the margins to expect. The number of U-Turns, broken promises, broken election laws (still to be dealt with IIRC) and lies may simply narrow the gap.

A Tory win is a nailed on certainty unless they implode, or let Hunt, BoJo, Hammond or pretty much anyone else onto the TV or radio.

Maybe I’m being naive,but if corbyn made his position on how he would deal with brexit if he won and that he would be going for a far softer exit and explain the benefits over the hard option,he could steal a large amount of votes

Instead he’s made it clear he wants more holidays.
ROFL

1 Like

The Tory scum will win, but it won’t be anywhere near as big as people think. The May plan of increase taxes, give 0.7% GDP and hard Brexit is putting people off. I thought it wasn’t really possible to get a more stupid Tory leader than Cameron, but it seems they have succeeded.

3 Likes

All sorts of tactical voting strategies are being discussed / formulated on the interweb. Seems that one or two are gaining quite some momentum.
Guess it will all come down to who pays Cambridge Analytica the most in the end though.
I think it will be an awful lot closer and more interesting than current polls suggest.

2 Likes

Seems we are following the USA and Turkey by electing a dictator, with nobody else in government making a sound. I wonder how long she will be in power for.

Imagine just voting for the one who most closely reflects your views. Controversial.

1 Like

That would make sense if we had PR :wink:

… said thousands who tried to be clever but actually fucked themselves.

3 Likes

Tories have nothing to fear the even more of an idiot than May is leading the opposition. There will be at least 5 major gaffs each month to keep the Tory lie machine going.

That’s not all it is though. That is a fairly futile exercise, as little would change.
This is about blocks of voters using social media etc to band together and target swing / close seats, irrespective of the incumbent MP’s views