General election 8th June

May is disaster prone, she won’t last the term of the gov’t.

I’m really confused. It seems May puts forward policies that hit middle class / wealthy where it hurts - Corbyn kicks up a stink and May backs down.

1 Like

Weird isn’t it?

No,no,no, you’ve got it wrong… It’s a tax on dementia!

So clearly wealthy oap’s shouldn’t pay…

I see Labour have played a sensible card in promising to bring forward proposals to drop tuition fees for the next academic year - in the hope I presume that the younger vote who tend to favour Corbyn will both turn out and register for the GE.

1 Like

We’re a very wealthy country that could afford to care for its sick and feed its poor. The real problem is that the English keep electing Tories who are ideologically committed to ever smaller government, dismantling the NHS and reducing the tax burden on business and the wealthy. Wake up.

3 Likes

It does seem as though the strong & stable one has performed yet another U turn this morning (while of course denying it).

Thank goodness she’ll be negotiating Brexit on our behalf. Perish the thought that anyone incompetent would be doing it.

6 Likes

Ha ha ha ha! Andrew Dilnot suggests a cap. Mrs May says a strong and stable ‘No’. The public say ‘Hang On’, so Mrs May is saying a strong and stable ‘Yes’ to a cap. The principal of making free at the point of service delivery would still be violated. Come on the Labour, finish her off…fuck it is Corbyn innit? We doomed, doooomed I tells ye…

2 Likes

But wasn’t it the middle class who were screwed without a cap ?

Particularly in south east.

All very weird.

I wonder what extra cost Phillip Hammond will be conceding for this latest reverse ferret. He was far from strong and stable on the actual cost of HS2 the other day. Made Diane Abbot’s bumbling seem rather trivial by comparison.

2 Likes

LES first edition today:

Which contrast very amusingly with the second edition. Clearly the knife sharpener has been employed:

George has been sticking the boot in since he joined.

Yep I know that. I just found the change in the headline very amusing. He just can’t leave it alone…

It is amusing (and a pleasant change) seeing one media outlet properly putting the boot in to the Conservatives.

I guess George ‘Omnishambles’ Osborne knows exactly how embarrassing policy U turns can be.

What else in the Manifesto of Chaos will they have to back away from? Still no word from Queen Theresa on the quiet removal of Cameron’s pledge to outlaw ivory trading. Perhaps in a strong & stable efficiency drive, she’s hoping to combine the silks and bugles of fox hunting with the continued slaughter of elephants. She could sell the TV rights to Rupert once Fox have retaken control of Sky.

:smirk:

2 Likes

He’s gone. What are the odds on Gove for Chancellor, crazy times …

2 Likes

He might as well. He’ll definitely be out of a job on June 9th whoever wins.

The PM program on Radio 4 couldn’t get a spokesperson from the Torys to come on and talk about Caps etc. Instead, they played the soundtrack to a YouTube driving video on how to do a U-turn. :laughing:

This is just so inept by the Tory strategists it is just painful. All the reversals of view are being dragged out…

1 Like

God, no wonder she doesn’t want a live debate.