General election 8th June

I resisted putting that one up as I am verging on copying and pasting the whole of that site onto AA at the moment.

:disappointed:

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Sorry for the late answer Paul.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if there is an SNP clean sweep and tbh at the moment, they are certainly a more effective opposition than Labour or the Lib Dems.

The SNP are the only party to actually do doorstep canvassing around here (Glasgow) and it does give the impression of engaging the voter. However, when they arrived at my door last week I asked them why they felt the need to come mob-handed (there were nine of them) it could be viewed as intimidation - a lot of no no not at all’s ensued. :grinning:

It will be interesting to see what happens in the GE - it might well back fire on the Tories given the level of anger about Brexit.

If I was the SNP, I would fight a few seats in England, maybe 12 to test the water.

Apart from Corby, where else?

a few seats just the English side of Hadrians Wall would be fun…

3 Likes

Counterargument to SNP: Independence+Single market membership=trade border with England=> import duty on Buckie.

Oh dear, Timothy.

I wonder what the vicar’s daughter thinks.

1 Like

Corby had huge Brexit majority, plus big Union support.

Farron’s an evangelical - they believe what’s written in the Bible. May’s C of E. She might even be a bit of a ‘modernist’. It’s all explained from about 10:00 in this oddly corrupted video (I guess to get around the copyright)

VB

Evening standard reports that George won’t be standing for re election. What a scoop, who’s their editor again?

4 Likes

He must have his place in the Lords sorted out then.

Wonder what the percentage of people who voted brexit have now changed their mind

I’d imagine quite a lot when they realized they had no plan for leaving at all…

Also, how many of those who didn’t get out to vote in the last GE or referendum will be motivated to get out and vote?

Public are tired of voting, takes a huge effort to walk down the road and pick up a pencil.

3 Likes

3 Likes