Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

Located @anon14766838

2 Likes

Moderat is a bit busy

Death Grips. They’re fucking livid about something. No idea what, mind.

2 Likes

We like Death Grips…it was fun at the front!

and now Depeche Mode at the Olympic Stadium

Just booked to see
London Grammar in October

2 Likes

a short walk from Victoria Park Field Day festival and the angry Death Grips, to the Olympic Stadium and Depeche Mode.

A polished performance and a really good sound system, and the energy of Dave Gahan - still left the Olympic Stadium feeling flats and without atmosphere. It nearly got there when they played some of the old classics. Maybe we prefer smaller venues.

All told it was a good gig - so over the weekend, our fav was Gorillaz on Friday, followed by Field Day (especially Death Grips - who Louise is now describing as “inaccessible music”) followed by Depeche Mode.

Well on to next Friday and Saturday at the Brighton Wildlife festival, where we are looking forward to (amongst others); Steflon Don, Stormzy, Fatboy Slim, Dizzee Rascal, Damian Marley…etc

Exactly how I found it when I saw them at the NEC around the time of Exciter.

If anyone is within striking distance of Broseley, Shropshire (near Irronbridge / Telford) it’s our Festival on the 1th - 18th June.

We’re a town of about 4500 population and it seems like the majority turn up. Great atmosphere, plenty of pubs and it’s completely free. (Fund raising through the year, sponsors and donations on the day.)

off to Brighton tomorrow ready for the Wild Life Festival on Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to seeing

Steflon Don
Fat Boy Slim
Gorgon City
David Rodigan
Dizzee Rascal
Stormzy
Damian Marley
Rag’n’bone Man

amongst others…

tomorrow before the madness begins it is dinner at the Chilli Pickle in Brighton

2 Likes

That sounds excellent. Have a good one.

thanks - we just hope the rain holds off

Stormzy’s name may be more appropriate that usual.

1 Like

Glad I didn’t let Narelle talk me into this one…

Is that near Shifnal? I worked there for a summer once.

Got The Stones Roses in Leeds, 21st June I think.

Just seen the wedding present are at Rock City tomorrow.

Bit late to go now.

Shamefully I have never been there, although have heard lots of good things.
let me know what you think.

see here

it was great, the third time we’d been. Not your trad curry house, but very very tasty… next time we’re in Brighton we’ll be going again.

in no particular order - Wild Life Festival, Brighton (actually Shoreham Airport)

Rodigan - excellent
Gorgon City dj set - excellent
Fat Boy Slim - great…
Steflon Don - great, love her stuff still waiting for her first album - bit too much auto tune live though.
Stormzy - really really good - know how to get a crowd going.
Damian Marley - really good, sound so much like his Dad
Rag ‘n’ Bone Man - didn’t expect to like this but I did, think i’ll get the album,
Giggs - pretty good.
Dizzee Rascal - grime stuff was ok, but as his new album shows, has gone all “pop” - got bored so left halfway through.
Chaka Khan - washed up
Clean Bandit - not bad, worth seeing
Hannah Wants (dj) excellent as was Bonzai.

Would we go again? Maybe depends on the acts - it was worth it, but in some ways the festival was too big…

Next up Kraftwerk

26th May - Unthanks - Barbican Centre
28th May - Specials/Toots & the Maytals - Hatfield Forum
2nd June - Gorillaz - Alban Arena
3rd June - Field Day festival - Victoria Park, London for half day (mainly to see Death Grips)
then
3rd June - Depeche Mode - London Stadium
9th/10th June - Brighton Wildlife - Brighton

21st June - Kraftwerk - Royal Albert Hall
8th July - Wireless Festival (for Skepta, Wiley, Sean Paul et al) - Finsbury Park
16th July - Folk by the Oak - Hatfield House
21st July - Toots and the Maytals - De La Warr pavilion Bexhill
30th October - London Grammar - O2 Brixton
6th December Gorillaz @ The O2

Chris Smither tonight in Aldershot