Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

Closer

That’s a great shot Pete.

4 Likes

Needs to be better focused :unamused:

1 Like

What does? The photo or your dislike of Nicholas?

The photo. My hatred is clear and precise enough thank you.

2 Likes

Tupelo was so good.

2 Likes

Certainly does, the bloody phone focused on the hands not the main subject.
but I only took a couple, I didn’t want to be standing there with a phone in my hand.for the whole gig.

2 Likes

Great pics from a phone

The whole show was amazing, I wish I had a way of replaying it. Incredible that he can put himself in the middle of those songs and deliver like that night after night. The songs must seem utterly different from his perspective…

Not sure there is anyone else out there these days that can live with him as a live performer.

1 Like

Rick Wakeman :smirk:

4 Likes

I expect it’s that sort of attitude that got your gear smashed to bits. :grinning:

3 Likes

Is he still alive?

Unfortunately…although the ‘music’ died years ago.

1 Like

Surprisingly yes :thinking:

2 Likes

Lots on YouTube already. Couldn’t listen to many, just a bit overwhelming still!

Set list here: Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds Concert Setlist at The O2 Arena, London on September 30, 2017 | setlist.fm

I like loads of different music from NWA to Wagner to Zeppelin to Hank Snow and Zappa. But Cave does nothing for me. Taste is a strange thing…

I like Cave in small doses - saw him live once, didn’t really do it for me.

Each to his own, I guess.

There was quite a funny moment:

Bloke in Audience: “I live in your old flat in Hove"
Nick Cave: That’s fucking brilliant… (pauses)… you know there’s loads of smack stashed under the floorboards” :smiley:

Not sure most folk heard that as only part of it was on mic. (we were about 10ft away)

3 Likes