Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

He’s a great guitarist!

My brother (who knows shit about music) rang me last year and said that Andy Fairweather Low was playing at a local pub and was it worth going. (he had never heard of him, I am sure he was adopted).
Anyhow he went and had a great time, great atmosphere and great playing.

Did he leave wide eyed and leggless?

July, Radiohead.
September its Ryan Adams.

Albert Hall ?

Albert who ?

VB

Jerry’s brother

1 Like

Cunt.

1 Like

A deaf one at that

Just back from the Andy Fairweather Low gig. I don’t know whether I’ve been entertained or educated in the art of guitar paying. A magnificent evening, nice to see musicians relaxed, professional and enjoying themselves, took the next door neighbours fourteen year old lad, I think he’s star struck, especially when he got his cd autographed.

1 Like

Both Manchester, which is where it all started.

time for an update:
28th May - Specials/Toots & the Maytals
3rd June - Depeche Mode
21st June - Kraftwerk

and just booked - Brighton Wildlife Festival 9 and 10 June, includes:
Fatboy Slim
Gorgon City
Pete Tong
David Rodigan
Stefflon Don
Dizzee Rascal
Stormzy
Damian ‘Jr Gong’ Marley
Rag’N’Bone Man

Thievery Corporation at Ancienne Belgique in Brussels, tomorrow. At St Pancras right now.

4 Likes

Not musical, but this was still a fun night out

There is chanting, and you do get a few hard truths about the NHS explained. As a closer he says that (remarkably) he’s Twitter Friends with Jeremy Hunt so at the end of the gig he photographs the audience, who by now have learned a few hard truths about Hunt, and sends him the picture of them (us) yelling angrily at him :slight_smile:.

VB

Drive By Truckers tonight in Brighton

2 Likes

now added Wireless Festival - Sat 8th July - for Skepta, Wiley, Sean Paul et al…

My ticket has arrived fro Elbow at De Montfort next week. Nearly forgot about that.

Believe they’re deliberately going for smaller halls on this tour.
So it sold out fast.
Enjoy, they’re so much better live imo.

I think I have tickets for Manchester on the Tuesday as well. Might not be able to make that.
They were quite good at the Eden Project the other year.

Get those Manc tickets on a secondary selling site immediately then :moneybag: