Good things (that restore your faith in humanity)

I can believe the use of frigate in this context. However, I would quibble over the spelling and possibly suggest using the correctly spelled version as a verb.

In the early 1930ā€™s while barely a teenager she taught a feckless local window cleaner Robert Johnson to play blues guitar & sing a little. Later she persuaded a pub singer called Charles ā€˜Chuckā€™ Berry to liven up his act a little which he did thus creating Rock n Roll.

7 Likes

After leaving the forces as a qualified engineer,she single handedly built the engine and made the panels for the apollo 9.

5 Likes

Sheā€™s actually one of non-identical quadruplets, the other three being J Robert Oppenheimer, Amy Johnson and Bruce Lee.

VB

7 Likes

She is the first person with 6 fingers on each hand to earn 3 consecutive platinum discs.
She can communicate with fish using a rudimentary vocabulary that she developed in partnership with Sea World in Florida. However, she has never learned to read or write.

8 Likes

:joy:

By the early 80s and after being sacked from the apollo programme after driving Apollo 11 to get a KFC bargain bucket,she launched a range of bespoke shoe horns which sadly went bust in 84.

Not one to quit,she moved to London to be with her uncle ā€œpearly king charlie Dawesā€ from Stepney,he managed to get her work selling whelks in Plaistow.

2 Likes

It is a little known fact that her legs were amputated just above the knee, at the age of 17 due to a particularly bad case of rickets and replaced with ivory replicas carved by Henry Moore (who she trained in the art of sculpture) from material taken from the tusks of a surviving herd of Woolly Mammoths that she owns to this day and has hidden away on a remote northern islandā€¦

5 Likes

Despite having an East to West fanny she has overcome genital stigma to record a string of pop music hits.

1 Like

Sheā€™s on record as saying her six Olympic swimming golds were down to having an amazing rack.

1 Like

ā€¦and if you tell that to the kids today, they wonā€™t believe you!! :angry:

I canā€™t believe there is no mention of all the above on Wikipedia. Is that site really that bad that it canā€™t show the truth?

In an arrangement that pre-dates his current responsibilities, all of her web content is curated by Sean Spicer (including her Wiki page)

2 Likes

I was told she bought a HiFi forum and turned it in to a money spinner. But that sounded too far fetched.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Sheā€™s only 17 and writes so well. I hope she continues to write - her first novel / book could be very interesting

And amongst all the recent events in Egypt there is thisā€¦may they have a long and happy life together

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-39509224

I was out walking early this morning and at a house in a the next village to mine I noticed a skip full of rubble with a couple of pallets and some plywood leaning against it. These bits were just what I needed to finish off fixing my elderly neighbours shed. I knocked on the door and asked if I could take them, though I would have to bring a jigsaw to cut the plywood to fit in my car. The bloke said ā€œdonā€™t worry I will deliver itā€ - He came to my house later in his WV transporter to deliver the wood plus some extra bits he thought might be useful. - What a star. Worryingly he had BMW M series car.
Iā€™m going to let them out at junctions from now on!!

6 Likes

For just a week or so will be plenty.

1 Like

No need. Heā€™s still a cunt. Theyā€™re all cunts. Make them wait.

1 Like