Grown men get moist about the Eurovision: 2017's lowpoint thread

I have been informed by Narelle that Eurovision is on tonight and I am required to watch.

If I am being forced to endure this drivel, I will be getting hideously drunk and offering my commentary.

I care not if you choose not get involved, however, if you choose to, please post with respect for the wonderful institution which is Eurovision :roll_eyes:

Make sure you are pissed out of your skull a good two hours before proceedings kick off!

This may just help a little bit.

Narelle is forcing you to watch…!!!

You’re just a puppet on a string…

8 Likes

Drink plenty of Water then lock yourself in the Loo.

VB

Just watch the rugby now on on BT Sport you softie.

A bit of Eurovision-wank will make a nice change from all that feckin’ tedious prog-wank for you. :thumbsup:

Get on the metho early just in case though.

3 Likes

@MGOwner As if, you’ll be pissed anyway :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Expecting the UK to get 8 points off Ireland whilst the rest of Europe gives us nil points.

Personally,i think they should have made Farage sing this year.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t expect even Ireland to vote our way this time, given the trouble we are causing. Nil points.

I expect the Mail will make some tedious fucking headline out of it on Monday.

1 Like

My favourite Eurovision was about 25 years ago. At a mate’s in London, vodka and acid, TV turned down and jungle playing on the HiFi at full volume, distorting to fuck, chain smoking while playing poker. Those were the days.

5 Likes

Was that the Spanish entry,with the No1 song,Don’t lick my window pain?

1 Like

I can only promise to listen to 8 or 12 bars of most tunes (and perhaps bridge), before returning to listening and smoking.

You can tell pretty much what the rest of the song will be from that.

I am also being forced to adopt a full Julian Claryesque stylee*

*TBF this is my choice but I think it is appropriate.

Too easy. You don’t know Narelle, do you ? :grinning:

Troo dat.

VB

1 Like

My tolerance to alcohol is high. So I have to make a special effort.

Just enjoy Eurovision for what it is - a complete fuck fest of european (and, now- Aussieopean) lunacy. Personally, I love it and haven’t missed a show for years. Mainly because, as suggested above, I get trolleyed, have a few silly bets, and enjoy the commentary ( I miss Terry W). I have started early with a couple of ales plus a small glass or two of rye. Once the rugby finishes I will cook some 24 hr marinated lamb chops, hit the red wine, get out the scoresheet and squint at the telly through blurred vision.

I don’t mind watching it It’s generally so bad it’s entertaining.
Wine does help

Like an alcoholic then?:smile:

You have a high tolerance for shit flute based twee noodle prog nonsense too then I notice.

1 Like