Heathrow

This.

Regional airports are fine things. Hubs are hubs (and quite often crappy things as a consequence). A country the size of the UK doesn’t have the demand, or the huge distances between population centres, needed to sustain/justify more than one or two hubs. The regional airports have spare capacity. There is a reason for that.

VB

Luton isn’t that bad, location-wise, but it would need:

• another 2-3 runways (should be room to the south)
  • a faster train into London
  • a connection to the NE line for getting to Leeds, and similar for Brum and Manchester
  • massive infrastructure upgrades as befits such an airport

Unfortunately, the way airports are owned and run makes it all very complicated. They try to promote competition, but then everyone says we need a ‘hub’, which means we don’t want too much competition!

Heathrow is the obvious right answer, as we’re in a world of wrong.

Utter shite. I experienced 1.5 hour queues at 1am on Sunday morning at Gatshite airport. A new monorail isn’t going to solve that.

Good job he was talking about Luton.

1 Like

Who asked you?

I could have mentioned the 3 hour delay at Heathrow T5 because the fucking train that takes you to baggage control broke down or the two EasyJet flights that were cancelled at Luton or being trapped at a car park for two hours at Stanstead. All the “London” airports are utter shite compared to elsewhere in the country.

I would rather drive to Glasgow and fly from there anyday.

What do you mean, who asked me?

He was talking about Luton and you responded to him saying

Have you had a bang on the head?

No, his team’s shit… lol

If it’s any consolation, i would rather you drove to Glasgow too…:wink:

2 Likes

See ya !

It’ll be a race between this and the new nuclear station at Hinkley Point. Doubt either will be finished and operational inside 25 years.

FTFY

3 Likes

Don’t forget that collection of firewood you call a horn system in your basement!

3 Likes

With Crossrail nearing completion the South East needs another huge injection of infrastructure spending while everywhere else continues to be neglected.

2 Likes

Sod all this crap, what we need is a space elevator!

http://liftport.weebly.com/uploads/8/2/3/2/82328622/1042525_orig.jpg

Good for the up-and-down market, but punters who want to go backwards and forwards or side-to-side won’t find it much use. And the cable has to be made of a kryptonite/unobtainium alloy. Otherwise it’s a brilliant idea.

VB

1 Like

only Kondo cables would do…

1 Like

Are you saying cables can make a difference?

Nobody flounces any more :sleeping:

Apart from Zac Goldsmith…

3 Likes