Hifi

Another option for Bob, I am sure he could help with pricing

1 Like

Already sold as far as I am aware - to the guy who was asking for a value.
Amazing to think the original owner was using the Air Partners with Krell monoblocs?

Should have sold the shitty Krells instead. (Yes, I know shitty Krells is a tautology)

2 Likes

he did just sell the Krells for Ā£2500

yes, just spotted that. selling the guys other stuff off but kept the speakers for himself.

hereā€™s an oxymoron right there :grinning:

8 Likes

I know the feeling.

Interesting set of articles.
Linked to the last of three.

He says

So weaker signals are affected more by the dielectric in general, as they decay the most as they move away from the wire ā€¦

I think this is not true. Any difference in fractional decay rate with signal amplitude has to be due to dielectric nonlinearity. Any real-world dielectric has negligible nonlinearity at audio frequencies.

I confess Iā€™m very sceptical about most of this piece, but lifeā€™s too short to debunk the whole lot.

VB

PS PS Audio also sell this Noise Harvester ā€“ PS Audio

Stop ruining everything.

1 Like

In any other argument about cables, a man from a mainstream cable manufacturer, for the non hifi industry, would seem to be a good source for real data.

I had one but it played havoc with my Schuman waves - I canā€™t have things fucking with my Schuman waves.

1 Like

Did I miss something ?

VB

Sorry! I took the lead from the fact that he was a Belden engineer. Missed the cable manufacturer bit.

Taken the devilā€™s shilling. And is now shilling.

2 Likes

what do you guys think about zu druids , these are mark 4 and in malvern [1300]

IMG_7903 (1) by , on Flickr

By reputation they are supposed to be rather more at the party end of the spectrum rather than the detail and finesse. Never actually heard a pair mind!

Oh godā€¦ Not seen this beforeā€¦

FULL OF FUCK

I like foo, esp. mains foo, butā€¦ Oh godā€¦

Heard them, like them in that ā€œheard at show and sound better than the usual drossā€. Lacked any real bass, but they have bigger stuff for that. Not sure if live-with-ableā€¦

Fucking horrifying decor there - no speaker could sound good with the Schumann waves being FUBAR by those nasty-ass zebra stripesā€¦ :face_vomiting::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

1 Like

It is like the hifi equivalent of a Dan Brown book. Couple of random facts, loosely linked to the story, and a load of bullshit.

3 Likes