Hifi

Marmite speakers. Fun, but coloured

1 Like

Heard the Omens, what’s the difference?

The Omens in a small room sounded pretty good to me and I generally dislike most boxes.

When they were relatively new on the scene I asked to hear a pair. I was very hopeful. They are very efficient (so good for small valve amps) and the manufacturers had found some good reviews for their website. The importer (then) said he was taking a pair to Whittlebury and if I liked them there he would arrange to get me a demo pair. I really wanted to like them. But I’m afraid I really didn’t, which was such a shame. Some people really do seem to like them though.

VB

thanks for the thoughts guys

The only good advice anyone can ever give anyone else about any pair of speakers is to hear them for yourself. Ideally in your own room with your own kit, if feasible.

ALL else (and with no disrepect to anyone ITT) is complete horseshit - speakers are SO subjective, and to a lesser (but important) extent, room and kit dependant, that opinions are (and I quote)…

piss vapours on a desert wind

…as Kondo-san used to say to me back in our Godzilla-battling days together :japanese_goblin:

We lost a lot of good men back then, but they were good times just the same, and taught us a surprisingly large amount about properly-aged copper wire and loudspeaker selection criteria :ok_hand:

4 Likes

All speakers sound the same, it’s just the room that’s different :grin:

2 Likes

Nonsense. They are crap.

1 Like

How d’you mean?

2 Likes

:sob:

1 Like
1 Like

Cheshire on a plate.:joy:

£5995 at Loud-Clear Glasgow.

2 Likes

Pah! Obsolete!

This thread is weird now.

ggggg

Made an offer for a pair of speakers in France, waiting to see. A bit more than budget, but fuck it you only live once.

11 Likes

Offer accepted, off to check the seller and speakers out as fully kosher. The most expensive hi-fi purchase I have ever done, so a little nervous.

7 Likes

Details man!

Also where abouts in france are they?

1 Like

Absolutely this.

JBL K2’s ? like Darren. His came from France?
Anyone else want to guess?

1 Like

Think you’ve probably nailed it there.

I’m thinking a low serial number pair of LS3/5as

2 Likes