Holidays

Ta everyone - we really don’t feel like going too far and an early start tomorrow.

Interestingly both the taxi driver and the receptionist recommended the Ganges restaurant.

If it’s the copper celing place it’s ok, enjoy

@Stepmotheratomicbomb

We changed our minds and walked to the Fat Pig for a beer and the food looks and smells delicious!

1 Like

I’m envious , I like it’s vibe as well as it’s food

Ribs were great, wings were great, giant scotch egg was spot on as was Louise’s whitebait…although the bbq’ed pulled pork on the meat platter was a bit sweet for my taste.

Beer was excellent

2 Likes

Good luck to those unfortunates sharing a carriage/cabin with you over the next 48 hours.

:mask:

On our way into Bryher

And the view from the balcony

4 Likes

Be sure to visit Fraggle Rock Cafe :+1:

2 Likes

I hope you get some sun. The whole place becomes the most vivid & spectacular sub-tropical paradise in good light.

1 Like

TBH, Vine Cafe is nicer, it just doesn’t sound as good :grin:

1 Like

Be sure to have the fried green tomatoes at the Fraggle Rock Cafe

But when the fog comes…it’s like living in a cloud!!

Just spent a pleasant hour at the Vine avoiding the worst of the rain.

Personally i dont mind the rain when i am wearing my waterproof pants and vest, but Louise announced her shoes leaked. Mine are sandals so are meant to drain water.

:flushed: even I don’t wear sandals in the rain.

Because your socks would get wet?

4 Likes

Well, you can continue down to Fraggle Rock for a pint now :+1:

Veruca socks are the answer.

Allowing the aforemention ‘gent’ to wear his sandals all year round in any weather.

Please, I only wear socks in the months of December and January. Sandals are worn barefoot in the dry and with bamboo liners if wet

I am the only person sat here in shorts and T shirt - everyone else is wrapped up in fleeces and many layers…personally I think the outside temp of 16 is mild, Louise thinks it is arctic…

This time next week there will only be a couple of days left before I go on jollybobs.

Looking briefly at the tide tables, today and tomorrow around 1pm there is a very low tide. If you’re brave enough you may be able to ‘walk’ to Tresco, wading across in water that should be easily manageable. You will need to get the boat back though. Talk to the locals, they will confirm (or otherwise!)

2 Likes