Holidays

Yes there are loads on Bryher. The bloke the runs the Fraggle Rock Bar told us they were positively trying to ask visitors not to keep moving the stones and building them. He blamed the hippies at the camp site…

Just discovered the plural is Inuksuit. So people are building them. Good.

1 Like

Does that mean you had a shag, or a poo?

They are, but apparently they ate being discouraged.

Just learned the Scillonian ferry had been cancelled tomorrow and there are no inter island ferries running…bad weather expected

Might have to stay another night, if they can’t arrange a jetboat transfer for us tomorrow. Flights are going to be interesting in a little Dehav twin otter.

I would never poo in public…

Croatia tomorrow.:grin:

2 Likes

Flip flops, Crocs or brogues Steve?

Whereabouts? We are off on Sunday

The person gets weighed as well as the luggage, I did wonder if you were going to locked in, …worse places and all that

Interestingly not on the Exeter flight, at least it hasn’t happened to me.

On the Lands End flight with the smaller planes we were weighed and seated to balance the load, me on one side and everybody else on the other…

3 Likes

Good luck. High winds often ground the aircraft too.

1 Like

Start of hols

2 Likes

On our trip. the return was idyllic. Flat calm, sunshine & dolphins leaping alongside the Scillonian.
The way out was rougher. I had to disown Gill & her brown paper bag. Never allowed to forget that!

Back in Exeter, Jetboat was very bumpy. Flights were fine, apparently never in doubt.

2 Likes

France, the south

2 Likes

You look better in gray bob

You picked a right doozy of a time for the weather; it’s been ruddy awful round here of late.

Odd breakfast experience. First off unidentified object gets poured from the caffietier, then I get rock hard fried eggs and send them back.

Then Louise finds a hair in her sausage and sends her full English back to be replaced with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon…but the eggs were stone cold…

We gave up …at least they took the costs of the breakfast off of our prepaid B&B experience.

5 days.