Weird Food Combinations that Work...maybe. (We've moved on from Hot Cross Buns)

:+1:

Tinned - good for some things - fish cakes, rissolles, sandwiches, niçoise - stuff where it is dressed or moistened
Fresh - Only good for Sushi, and then it has to be the fat belly.

Strapline du jour

1 Like

Had two large crumpets generously buttered, betopped with a couple of slices of strong cheddar this morning.

Braw.

3 Likes

Would have been better with pineapple as well :+1:

1 Like

Chutney Sir,

The cheese crumpet is naked vulnerable and abandoned without the correct condiment.

Crumpets toasted, topped with Stilton, then grilled.

No chutney required.

3 Likes

Chutney not essential, but a jigger of onion marmalade serves to add piquancy sometimes :drooling_face:

1 Like

using tweezers fill each individual hole in the crumpet with a short strand of chive put the cheese on the crumpet, anoint with chopped red onion and melt under the grill.

1 Like

What is the difference between a marmalade and a chutney? Is it a sugar thing?

Or a conserve and a preserve ?

jammy

Tinned packed in oil or broth, packed in water is not good. A mates Filipino girlfriend mixes up a tuna salad with pineapple in it, not bad axurally.
Sushi really is the best way to eat most fish :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s worth the queue. Used to drive passed on the way to work… I will be making a detour back there in a week or two…http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/14385606.Customers_queue_round_the_block_for_hot_cross_buns/

1 Like

tuna in broth - never come across that. I agree about oil. The no-drain tuna in a can is as dry as the proverbial wotsit

1 Like

Wotsits are nice.

But not with pineapple.

Or tuna.

The H.C Loaf

4 Likes

The things I’d do to one of those HC loafs if I got it alone::heart_eyes:

Chutneys contain vinegar, marmalades don’t.

4 Likes