Weird Food Combinations that Work...maybe. (We've moved on from Hot Cross Buns)

I’m guessing Beats - gold ones.

Definitely (hopefully) before Beats

Fair point - are Guidos extinct? Endangered? Flourishing? You’d think they’d be thriving given their orange-skinned, bad-haired, materialism-obsessed King is also now POTUS…

I think we should send David Attenbomber in to Noojoisi to find out…

2 Likes

The Guido (Gino in Toronto) is adaptable and persistent. The hair styles and the labels on the clothing may change, but the species thrives. In my parts the television broadcast of a World Cup match involving Italy or Portugal (yes, there is a Portuguese subset) offers prime viewing time as they mass together at sports club/coffee bars.

2 Likes

I haven’t been eating many bun ( :face_with_raised_eyebrow: ), a couple of bog standard Sainsbury/Tesco things maybe… However, today we have just had some from Bread Ahead’s Soho branch. Fucking hell! Different level. Light, no hint of stodge. The glaze on the top had a kind of slightly crispy texure, was spiced and sweet. We toasted them inside only and served with salted butter. These are going to be hard to beat for me. I don’t think I have ever had a better one.

Flippin’ 'eck, they ought to be good, just found out they are £1.50 each!

7 Likes

Donuts.

Don’t stop trying

1 Like

Transatlantic clot

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Fruit to bread ratio looks good.

The token Strine ( HCB big in Aus, who knew?) here reckons they were adequate but nuttin more. Fruit/bread ratio very good, they had just the right level of sweetness…

but, but, but salted butter Ritchie - is there no way back for us?:anguished:

1 Like

These today. They are their basic option but nice, fruit to dough balance. Subtle amount of spice which was welcome. So far, the best of a pretty ordinary bunch.

2 Likes

Your food thread contributions are usually top quality. And now adequate HCB, I would expect better from you :unamused:

You’d think he could do better with the proceeds from the great TfL robbery.

2 Likes

if the coat fits…

:+1:

1 Like

Off you fuck :unamused:

3 Likes

Should they be light, or weightily stodgy?

2 Likes

You toast good bun.

1 Like