Weird Food Combinations that Work...maybe. (We've moved on from Hot Cross Buns)

Indeed,and many thanks for bringing it👍

2 Likes

Burn him, he’s a witch!

3 Likes

That is absolutely disgraceful…

:confounded:

5 Likes

Bertolli

2 Likes

Agreed,i’ve told him,enjoy the football,enjoy the cup of tea,but don’t come back.

Luckily it was dark and the neighbours didn’t see him bring it in.

3 Likes

Harbouring the miscreant is also pretty shocking…

:angry:

2 Likes

Repent

3 Likes

I’m going to try the. River cottage recipe if I get time

I always thought a jobby was shite??

They don’t look that bad John :thinking:

1 Like

They’ve risen well enough. If I try again I might put more fruit in (maybe 6 oz rather than 4) soak it for longer in whatever spirit and also up the level of mixed spice from 2 tsp to 3. They are quite a delicate flavour. It’s all there. I just think I’d prefer less subtlety!

2 Likes

Full power with the old spices - It’s the mark of a man

2 Likes

I like how there is an extra one destroying the symmetry. I guess the ease of dividing into 16 trumps OCD!

This AM, Sam and I made a pack of these go away. - “a pleasure shared is a pleasure spoiled” as my former boss at the BM(NH) used to say, but since she’s sat right next to me, it would be crass, even by my low standards, to deny her…

Toasted one side only, and with about a quarter of a pack of salted butter they are really rather decent. They stand out as one of few mass-produced HXBs that don’t have palm oil in them, but this batch was less well spiced than the last lot, but made-up for it with fruit - lots of lovely sticky fruit!

There’s undoubtedly better out there, but these achieve entirely blameless adequacy IME.

1 Like

Thanks to you, I have now started looking on packages, for it.
McVitie’s Light Digestive biscuits, don’t have any palm oil, and my wife said, ooh, these are really nice.

1 Like

We decided that was the teenage jockanese one. Will prolly go 4x4 next time; more even but a little less fun.

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Sainsburys Hot Cross Buns

Really cannot fault these at all. Spicing, fruiting and glazing are all on point. Remarkably good supermarket effort.

2 Likes

Stodge level?

Excellent mouth-feel and density without unpleasant cloying effects.