I will soon be 44: should I own a pressure washer?

My Karcher heap of shite has just packed up ( the second Karcher I have owned ). So just ordered one of these…

SX425

Higher pressure than the last one, and hopefully better made ( couldn’t be any worse tbh ).

I’m 49, never owned a pressure washer but have weird urges in that direction now. We have abominably low water pressure where we are, is this going to be an issue.

Yes, they require a certain flow.

I use a Karcher gravity fed from a water tank in the loft space of my garage. Works fine.

Strange, I too am turning 44 this year, and raised the need for a pressure washer at the weekend with the wife. Scored just above fencecare on the dullometer. Also had a look at a second hand 911 (that I can’t afford)…where do I get help?

Look inward, external fixes are an illusion.

4 Likes

does that include a new DAC? :kissing_closed_eyes:

You don’t need one, the one you have (I have no idea what it is) is as good as the one you were thinking of getting.

That is the way of DACs

5 Likes
1 Like

beat me to it. I bet Lee John had a pressure washer.

1 Like

It’s not too late, slash the bondage of the senses - Go beyond mind, the hole inside us will not be filled by a DAC or any other ‘thing’ - Keep suckling on Mamons teat with all your might, isn’t this what we’re told is right? You’ve tried it, it didn’t work (I should suck harder says the inner voice) - No No No stop sucking - Surrender - transcend - evolve. It is an inside job

P.s I have an Audio Note 4.1 Ltd kit thing for sale.

6 Likes

I can confirm that pressure washers are very effective at removing skin from your hands when you’re stupid enough to hold something you’re washing without gloves on.

Serves you right, you brute

you have been on the hard stuff tonight and got it bad

Thankfully there is no piss test for Schumann.

Yet.

VB

2 Likes

It only took me 4 years to buy one. When all said and done, a great result.

I bought a K4 because I had a £50 Halfords voucher. Very pleased with it and I’ve saved about £30 on car washes already.

My one piece of advice would be to consider models where the hose is on a reel and can be wound off and on. The tubing is incredibly stiff walled and doesn’t behave at all. It’s also a nightmare to store as it effectively doesn’t roll up enough.

Normally, this wouldn’t be a problem but I have a very narrow driveway which is AIDS to get around - I can’t walk around both sides of the car. If the driveway was normal things would be a lot easier as I could cart the washer along on its wheels and the hose would be less of an issue.

I bought the snowfoam attachment too, which seems good.

1 Like

There’s a technique to coiling up the hose. It can be done neatly.
Lie it out flat on the drive. Then holding the gun twist the end 360 to create the first coil, then repeat working your way along the hose, you’ll need to help it along, doing that I get mine to a neat 30cm diameter ring.

1 Like

I *hate my PW with a passion for this very reason!

*In fairness, it is a great piece of kit when I actually use it.

I would watch your detailing videos if you want to take up a Youtube career, G.