In the market for an arm for a delphi mk4

what do you like about the fr64 over the v ?

Smoother, sweeter. Music flows better and sounds more natural, organic even. The V is a good arm, no doubt but the FR accentuates the benefits of analogue more effectively.

2 Likes

Got rid of them all they kept shattering

1 Like

I’m surprised you could see any reflection of yourself in them anyway?

1 Like

Chap here is willing to split arm from deck.

2 Likes

oh wow. missed that one. I’m on it cheers !

texture matters a lot to me.

Get this and sell the Mk4.

How much do Graham arms go for these days?

Phantom, £1.5k+

1 Like

ah well. it’s a mk4 but with a mk6 motor, electronics, suspension and MVSS damper pots. I rather like the composite platter, so I’ll most likey add the mk6 bearing and then I suspect it’ll outperform a mk5. good idea though. Something about these oracles. I sold my mk2b to a friend for mate’s rates just to keep it in the family. I’m very attached to it. Felt absolutely nothing when i parted with my LP12 ARO despite owning it over 10 years but the dephi has brought so much happiness that it’s like a family pet :slight_smile:

I’ve had a chat with Jeff at audiomods and I’ll most likely get an s5 for now and see what shows up at my leisure.

Wonder if it’ll outperform a Zeta I’ve had from new. We shall see. What a heroic bit of engineering that thing is

Hi

I have an Audiomods IV on my Mk1 delphi.

Very good it is but not as good as a Tri-planar which trounced an SME V. SJS of this parish has a WB for sale or did have last time I noticed. Zeta is fantastic and I would be surprised if the Audiomods will beat it.

1 Like

very helpful thank you !

don’t see triplanars for sale very often ?

WB I’ve never heard but I’m attracted to potentially lower resonance tube.

In what ways did the triplanar trounce the sme ? I’ve been offered a iv serial number 40180 but struggling to work out which bearings it would have in it. If the tube and bearings are the same as a v I’m tempted.

thanks !

How would i find user SMS please ?

You PM people, click on their icon or name.

Here you go:

http://audioabattoir.com/u/sjs/summary

1 Like

brilliant thanks a lot!

ps. this place is great ! can’t understand why i didn’t know about it until now

3 Likes

New strapline

3 Likes