JP's car - I Ignored the Advice and Bought What I'd Already Decided on

OK, you win the internet !

I drove past one of those (and got overtaken by it) about 4 times in queuing traffic at 7.15 on the M25 this morning.
I don’t often really notice other cars but that stood out, it was lovely.

Not sure Jim would fit in it though :grin:

1 Like

I’ve has my XF for nearly 3 years now. Not had a hint of a problem with it yet. By far the most reliable car I have have owned. It can’t match a 5 series Beemer on fuel consumption though unfortunately but I can Iive with that.

1 Like

I like your style but it might make an Alfa look reliable, plus service and parts must be a fortune.

Nor can a 5 series Beemer to be fair - “imaginative” official consumption figures are not exclusive to VW…

2 Likes

Most 2l owners report around 50mpg which is not shabby given the size of the vehicle. I get 44mpg from my 3l.

It’s good, but way short of the advertised number

My 320d has averaged 53.8mpg in the 28k miles since I’ve owned it.

Yep, I get mid 50s from the aircraft-carrier-sized V90 when I drive it. Sam … it’s usually more of a rally…

3 Likes

It really is too early in the day for driving Sam jokes.

VB

Surprised you get that much, I was getting slightly under 40 (same engine - N57). But I do have lead feet…

Yep, tracked it on Fuelly for years. The OBC is surprisingly accurate - only out by 1mpg.

Yeah mine seemed to be about right, based on a few fills where I tracked it. I guess the 8 speeder helps somewhat.

I used to get 45mpg in town and 60-ish on the run in my 14 plate 320d 8 speed auto.

Average of 50mpg from my 190 bhp Volvo XC60 :+1:

Haven’t got a bloody clue what I get from the Merc. All I know is it’s a damn sight more than the old Rangey.

Which I still miss.

And saw last weekend.

:cry:

But not in your pencil.

As these are not company cars, I’ve realised I could go for a larger engine. Am test driving both on Saturday, but will have a look around for a 530d too.

4 Likes

Bit of a hike to get to though

1 Like

40K miles on a 12-plate diesel repmobile?

I wouldn’t…

1 Like