Meat packaging

Savile Row has always relied on outworkers. The idea that all the clothes are made on the premises of each of the houses is a fallacy. A lot of coatmakers etc work form home and Soho used to be full of little workshops making clothes by hand. Has shrunk to a handful of places now which is sad.

Geives is probably a decent bet :+1: you will be able to get the alterations done pretty decently there too. Better than buying something online and taking it somewhere else to be adjusted, unless you know someone skilled enough to do it.

The Ben Sherman suit is more of a fashionable length than I had imagined you wearing for some reason. I wouldnā€™t compare to the other suits, they are Zegna cloth but made by Moss Bros. I expect Zegna suits would be a bit more expensive and better made. If you like the Ben Sherman, I would have a look at Reiss. Very good value, in pretty good fabrics.

It really depends on your figure. If you stoop, are corpulent or over erect etc, an off the peg suit will be a poor fit and more or less impossible to adjust to you. E.G. I had a young bloke come in recently for a suit who would never be able to buy ready to wear and get a good result. He had sloping shoulders, a round back and his right shoulder end was 2" lower than his left. The pattern I cut, someone altering a rtw suit would never get to because there arenā€™t any allowances inside the garments to get the necessary shapes to the panels.

Honestly, we dress differently these days and the suit market has totally changed. No one really knows what a good suit looks like (even the folks making them) and the way They are cut, most rtw suits are massively compromised anyway. Get something that you like that isnā€™t going to need huge alteration and go with that. Altering rtw clothes a lot is not possible without creating distortion and donā€™t let some salesman tell you it can be done. They either donā€™t understand or they are lying.

:thumbsup:

Ohhā€¦

Degree? Do you naturally look at the roofs of buildings as you walk down the street, or do you dance the limbo?

Ritchie must be some sort of magician, he said he could even make me look good in a whistleā€¦:sunglasses:

ā€¦and I donā€™t mean a red, white fur edged one, you cunts :smirk:

6 Likes

Broad arrows maybe?
:joy:,

Oh right, no thatā€™s not what I meant

Iā€™ll convict you laterā€¦:unamused:

1 Like

Looking to update your normal look Jim?

Iā€™m sure Ritchie Wan could zshoosh it up a bit for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are the Medals for HiFi bargains? :nerd_face:

ā€œServices to bakeoffsā€

5 Likes

Services to -

• Sock n sandals
  • Hawaiian shirts
  • BBQ
  • Red Wine
  • Coffee roasting
3 Likes

Arenā€™t you old enough to predate the Coca Cola image?

2 Likes

Would Sir prefer something more like this?

I seem to recall @Wayward was knowcking up something fairly magical and swirly a few weeks ago. Was that for you?

went over my head, was in ernest tailoring mode. :grinning:

Hehe ā€¦and what does rtw stand for? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ready to wear.

ftfy