Munich 2017

2 Likes

1 Like

I think an American dentist may have shot the above on Safari

2 Likes

2 Likes

Got a load more on my camera which I will put up over the weekend.

1 Like

Some good pics there Kev, keep em coming.

I loved the entire trip - food, beer, camaraderie, kit - the whole shebang was feckin brill! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Any thoughts on the Kawero!

I thought the Kondo/Kawero system was one of the best sounds at the show, but what do I knowā€¦:thinking:

2 Likes

How was the bass? I found it somewhat wallowy last year, but generally the sound was excellent. Could have been room or setup, although that looks pretty similar this year!

There was a mixed reaction, I enjoyed it, others didnā€™t like the speakers.
There is a definite change in the Kondo sound with the modern stuff, it is excellent quality but if you like the like the old Kondo sound/colouration) then this wasnā€™t it.

Probably why Definitive donā€™t stock any of the gear on display here and still get M77 and Ongaku made for them

2 Likes

Was the Ginga playing? Iā€™ve never heard it.

Yes, i was working on the assumption that it was making a major contribution to the excellent sound quality. I thought the bass was great, punchy but not overblown.

I was amazed by the sheer number of Kronos TTs being used throughout the show - at least 10 or so. I met Louis Desjardins (designer/proprietor of Kronos) in one of those rooms and introduced myself as the owner of No 4. He immediately said ā€œthe Kronos cakeā€ and shook my hand very enthusiastically.

He gave me a demo of the TT with and without the bottom platter running - it did make a big difference!

2 Likes

ā€¦i didnā€™t hear any. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Ha, confirmation bias :grinning:

2 Likes

I heard they were giving them away with a pint and a slow cooked pork knuckle

1 Like

Havenā€™t you got something better to do, like tanning your legs? :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

I doubt it. It is the third Saturday in May and he is a Villa fan. Free time until mid August nowā€¦

5 Likes

What would I want tanned legs for? The only people who want tanned legs are -

1. Women
  2. Common tradesmen