Munich 2017

That could well be the tie in, I am not aware of the history.

photo Kondo120.jpg

photo Kondo221.jpg

photo Kondo322.jpg

2 Likes

And the main man!

photo Silbatone San32.jpg

photo Silbatone537.jpg

photo Silbatone133.jpg

photo Silbatone234.jpg

5 Likes

photo Silbatone335.jpg

photo Silbatone436.jpg

8 Likes

Yes

A lot of his amps are based on valves which are non mainstream for hifi and the valves themselves aren’t expensive at all, if a bit more unusual and therefore not available from the usual suspects.
Obviously his top amps use NOS 211, 8020, 10Y etc and they can be v rare and v expensive, but if sir can afford those amps the valve cost is a non issue tbh :grin:

The Mayer room usually goes in with wolf Von Langa did the room sound decent this year?

There were two rooms. The Von Langa room had the field coil tone arm thingy.
It sounded fine but the Azzolina horns in the other Meyer room were better.

I too liked those Azzolina horns, although I thought I detected a slight horny colour to the midrange.

Last night’s Italian was lovely. Just finished breakfast and about to head off to the MOC for the last time

Had a great time and adventures (Burger Safari) came back fatter and slower but the weather was great. Best at show for me Silbatone room and Kevin Scott’s room, alas no B Stock speakers.

1 Like

Makes sense

Looks like a great show.

Any LV pics ??

Only a poor one…

2 Likes

3 Likes

I can’t remember which, but one room had ‘grow your own’ room treatment. A kind of astromoss for your walls…

Ah, found a pic up-thread

2 Likes

Following on from the launch of the rather large 3 way (Drei klang) Direkt last year, Heco launched the smaller One way (Ein klang) to the left of the 3 here.

This uses an 8" with a whizzer cone. The designer was showing me various iterations of this cone that they’d tried, ie straight sided like a Lowther, Horn/bell shaped, with a dome at the bottom, or flat or with an inverted dome, different sizes, different ways of attaching it to the main driver. Although only a one way full range driver it does incorporate a network to address a couple of peaks in the response.

It was difficult to judge it at the show, The bottom end sounded Direkt like but I guess I’ll need to get some in to see how well the upper mid & treble end works.

5 Likes

Ahaagaga, completely batshit. :smiley:

How much are they going to be Guy?

And what is the quoted sensitivity, please?