NAS, backing up data etc

THREAD NECRO TIME!!!1!!!1!!!

Anyone come across any decent Android samba clients?

I use X-plore, which can happily access a samba share.

1 Like

Set up OMV yesterday, had a few spare components so bought a new case to fill with hard drives.

Very impressed. Although Docker is causing brain ache.

Help please. I just fired up my month old laptop to be greeted with this.

And yes, I have turned it off and back on again :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Does typing “exit” and pressing return get you into Windows?

Sadly not.

I have been on to Amazon and have agreed to return for a refund, is there any way I can clear my personal details? I don’t like the idea of my bank details, passwords etc being left on there.

Escape the shell? This thing has hermit crabs? Will we find out in 1 second? Maybe not, could be fast if it’s in running mode. Is there a map on the table? So many questions.

If you have made a monetary transaction they will keep the info for 4 years minimum due to accounting auditing rules

Amazon will not have passed on your bank details to the supplier

I’m talking about info stored on the laptop :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Can you burn a CD on another device?

https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/windows-10/how-to-wipe-your-pc-with-windows-10-11364002707321#:~:text=Windows%2010%20has%20a%20built,and%20select%20the%20appropriate%20option.

Without being able to boost up?

Has your pc got an internal CD? If it has go into the BIOS and set CD as the first boot up device. If not I can send you an external CD when I get back next week. If I can find it. I think I also still have a bootable Windows 10 disk.

If it is the internal hard disk that is faulty then this won’t work but then no one will be able to access the drive anyway.

Just replace the hard drive with an SSD drive, and load a new copy of W10.
Do the whole thing for less than £50.

It’s it’s a laptop, it’s less than a month old and that would void the warranty.

It’s a laptop Mick. I have have an external disc drive but the bloody thing is locked up, can’t get beyond this

Sorry. Didn’t realise.

1 Like

It should still auto boot from the disc