New smart phone

we always use the WGC branch, and have never had a problem with returns, repairs (they lent Louise a phone when hers had to go back to Samsung). We get nice tariffs at renewal. I’d recommend them any day over dealing with EE directly.

Just bought an S8 from them and yes they are associated with CPW somehow. One of the guys in store said that they don’t own them though. Not bothered either way tbh.

from their website:

Mobiles.co.uk, a trading division of The Carphone Warehouse Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”", are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy

Saved the best part of £150 on my S9 compared to O2. An extra 10 GB of data per month too.

1 Like

O2 direct prices are stupid high. Would have cost me £20 a month more for the same contract from them. Who signs up to those prices.?

Ive got my new handset.
Thrilled with how it runs all the apps I use just like my old one.

3 Likes

Almost like you didn’t upgrade at all :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Got a Huawei P10 Lite this week from CPW. All is good except the fucker wont pick-up any emails. I’ve went back to the shop yesterday to speak to the resident 12 yo gimp who knows about such stuff and spent an hour with him while he pressed many buttons and then announced…‘Nope, don’t understand why it won’t work.’

Last night the daughter, who is young and knows about such stuff, spent 3 fecking hours trying to sort it before announcing …‘Nope, don’t understand why it won’t work - best you take it back to the shop.’

FML

2 Likes

The shop will find some reason why it is your fault and won’t refund or replace.

Ditto - great phone :+1:

1 Like

Good reason to buy from Amazon.

The mobile phone chain shops are normally staffed by kids who couldn’t give a toss about overall profitability, and will happily replace things.

I presume @malbec you’re getting it sorted and don’t actually want any help or advice?

Does that override the good reasons not to buy from Amazon? :grinning:

1 Like

For me yes.

Anyone actually seen an Essential phone? I’m tempted…

Nope. As well as OnePlus, it looks like Xiaomi are also going to launch some high-end hardware at resonable prices.

These look like they will be a good buy when they’re launched next month.

3 Likes

Nice, makes the premium £700+ models look rather silly

just bought a A5 from carphone warehouse , 100% superb service and went into 2 shops to chat it over before ordering online . fast service

also got an EE sim only for 6 quid [ 1.5g i think] and also a virgin 5g 2500 mins for 9 quid a month total 15 quid for a lot of phone time

I had a Samsung A series.
Without doubt the worst phone I have ever owned.
I hope they have improved it.

I started to implement a factory reset on the wife’s Samsung S7. She’s not been happy with if for ages.

Step 1: look at how the backup works. Samsung has a cloud backup system, so I get that going. It can’t back up because there’s no space on the phone - it’s totally chocka. The memory card in it hasn’t been used, so the internal memory is always full. No wonder it’s not working well, sigh…