New vinyl is pissing me off

Don’t feed the troll

Whose the fing troll mate?

The only thing that will sort the quality issues is to carry on buying vinyl and returning everything of inferior quality.
Stopping buying vinyl (if you like vinyl) is just cutting your own throat.

3 Likes

Well - it’s a cheaper option but I take your point. Will think on it.

Or we buy a plant and beat em at their own game.
Anyone up for it?

I’ve a nice Yucca if that will do:grinning:

will this do?

1 Like

Better…

It is another reason that I buy everything that I can from a local record shop. (I do appreciate that i am very lucky in having a very good independent on my doorstep)
I buy online and go to the shop and collect, that way the staff don’t just recognise a face there is a name attached to it. I will normally engage them in a conversation ask if they have had a lot of returns of that record etc.
When I return stuff the return goes back through the system, Hopefully when they return stuff their supplier takes a bit of notice and word gets back.

I do wonder though if the new vinyl buyers with their trendy Crosley record players would recognise the difference between a good and bad pressing. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And, this is the reason that a few people (with resolving systems) boycotting new vinyl will make No.Fucking.Difference.Whatsoever.

Anyone know if it is true that labels are refusing to accept returns from retailers, leaving them with the problem?

Massively pisses me off too.

I must have returned 20+ warped Albums to various online merchants last year.

This year I’m just going to buy from half a dozen favourites that I didn’t have problems with.

I occasionally buy from Amazon but haven’t had a warped one from them yet. I try to go to the record fair in Guildford as you can actually look at the vinyl there.

Ah, Ben’s Records country, lucky man

You need a whole day in there to sort through stuff, have bought some right duffers from him though.

There used to be a good shop round the corner but he only sold new and was very expensive, never had a single problem with his records but he went bust.

Any idea why?

I thought it was obvious but if you need me to explain economics to you :roll_eyes:

What about LP’s?

3 Likes

50 mile round trip for me so don’t get there often - but anything resembling a real record shop is most welcome

They are probably passed onto a Crossley owner, or if returned to the supplier, just pushed onto another retailer.