New vinyl is pissing me off

Hmm…I suppose that would be some kind of ‘hi fi megastore’ then?

Anyway, advanced statistical analysis of this thread shows no evidence that excessive levels of warping or otherwise from any specific source can be either disproven or proven, other than local records shops where you can check the los when buying

2 Likes

Open new records in the shop immediately after paying for them, if they’re warped ask for an exchange. (i have never done this)

1 Like

Same here.

Shroedingers Vinyl.

Occupies both states until unsealed. Don’t open, simply keep sealed and buy cd for one pound.

Science. It’s fucking everywhere. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Schrödinger’s

2 Likes

Does this mean that what you paid for it both ends up adding to your credit card debt and doesn’t ?

VB

Strange. I buy loads of vinyl from eBay, record shops and Amazon, and I genuinely can’t remember the last time one arrived with a warp in it. In fact, the only issue I can recall for ages is my copy of The War on Drugs’ “Lost in the Dream” that has side 1 pressed so far off-centre that it’s unplayable. Even the Nak just measures it and laughs…

1 Like

Haven’t you got another turntable you could try it on…:wink:

2 Likes

Good point. I’m sure I’ve got a spare one somewhere… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

People play vinyl :astonished:

I thought it was bought because it’s desirable, limited edition, nicely packaged etc … oh that’s just me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You pedantic vânker.

4 Likes

Yes. Yes, I am. :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Playing the latest Pixies album and I realise the second disk is warped. I suspect it was like thst when I got it. It’s too late to take it back. Will keep a closer eye on lps going forwards.