New Year Bake - Sat 13th Jan

There were Strayans :scream:

1 Like

Obviously not. There are no sauce stains down the front of that top.

2 Likes

Troo dat :disappointed:

1 Like

There are a couple of suspicious white stains though :wink:

Fair enough too if you couldn’t find your favourite sock @Jim.

1 Like

200 grams plain flour
100 grams cornflour
100 grams caster sugar
200 grams butter

Bake at 160c for 35 minutes.

The recipe my mum gave me had 150 grams butter and 50 grams of stork but I couldn’t be arsed finding any so just got the poshest butter I could see from waitrose.

2 Likes

Sounds pretty fucking good, so good in fact I can tolerate the prog that’s playing on the radio at the moment.

Chris’ were more crumbly/buttery and Mark’s were more biscuity and had choc chips.
Both achieved a state of absolute adequacy, so it was a win/win :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Let’s face it, it’s size medium, so that narrows it down a heck of a lot :laughing:

Yep it’s mine :man_facepalming:

That’ll be medium Oompa Loompa.

3 Likes

Send your address and I’ll (get Ann to) post it to you :grinning:

1 Like

It’s all relative.

1 Like

Can everyone who brought music along list what albums were played in the back room as there was some cracking tunes yesterday?

Thanks Chris, I’m going to do this now. Mark’s recipe is obviously a secret. :roll_eyes:

The trick to the crumble is to mix the butter and sugar together like a bastard, sieve the flour and then mix in very slowly and carefully just the minimum amount to mix otherwise it will be tough.

Ah… i just toshed it all together and cut them into discs! We shall see… :grinning:

Gives you an excuse to make another batch once you’ve quality tested that one :wink:

1 Like

They’re in the fridge resting atm.

I’ll try to list what I remember playing or being played when I was in the room;

Vinyl

• The whole of ‘The Stax-Volt tour in London 1’ (Booker T & MGs, Sam & Dave, Carla Thomas)

• Isaac Hayes ‘Hot buttered soul’ (side A)

• Donny Hathaway ‘Everything is everything’ (side B)

• Stevie Wonder ‘Music of my mind’ (Side A)

• The Doors ‘LA Woman’ (just ROTS)

• Love ‘Forever changes’ (Sides 1 & 2 of 4)

• Issac Hayes ‘Shaft OST’ (Side A)

• John Grant ‘Pale green ghosts’ (Side A)

Poor mans Ben Elton lookalikey @PapaLazarou played some really nice stuff that I’m sure he’ll be able to list.

R2R

• The Doors ‘Waiting for the sun’

• The Rolling Stones ‘Big hits: green grass and high tides’

• Ramsey Lewis (fill in details Guy) on 7.5 ips and the star of the show

• Nat King Cole

• Some other jazz and a mix tape Guy had made

Plus stuff I’ve forgotten.

1 Like

The burning question in all non-attendees minds - Did the Imodium in the shortbread curb/modify Jims gaseous eruptions ?